Craftsman Special Ed - Wet Hopped Edgar's Ale - Craftsman Brewing Co.

Craftsman Special Ed - Wet Hopped Edgar's Ale
No picture uploaded.

1 Rating

pDev: 0%
Craftsman Brewing Co. visit their website

American Stout |  ABV ?

(Beer added by: JTahoe on 12-15-2009)
Reviews by JTahoe:
3.18/5  rDev 0%

Note: I had this at the Verdugo Bar yesterday and was not overly impressed... I have a suspicion that there may have been something wrong with the delivery, but I can't be sure. And I have not had Edgar's in such a long time I can't make a fair comparison here... plus, as the first reviewer there is nothing else to even check against. But I have great respect for Craftsman and I understand their philosophy of brewing traditional beers with subtle, nuanced flavors rather than big envelope-pushing beers, so my rating numbers skew a bit more positive than if this were just a blind tasting. Final note: Verdugo listed this as an American Stout though the other Edgar's on BA are listed as Russian Imperial Stouts...

A - Deep dark brown, like back coffee, nearly black, with slightly lighter edges and transmitting no light. Light brown thin sudsy head disappears quickly leaving just a minimal, almost nonexistent presence at the edge that clings for its life to the glass.

S - Burt sugar and alcohol with a faint baking chocolate.

T - Hmm...faint initial taste that reveals itself very slowly. Watered down milk chocolate with glints of espresso, toasted grain, but all within a watery serum. hops reveal themselves hear and there with aeration especially on the finish.

M - Like skim milk, almost no carbonation. Slight clinging sweet with an occasional bite rearing its head.

D - Worth a try once, but I am not sure I understand this beer. Perhaps I have become too accustomed to big flavorful craft stouts.

Craftsman Special Ed - Wet Hopped Edgar's Ale from Craftsman Brewing Co.
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.