Golden Nugget IPA - Toppling Goliath Brewing Company

Golden Nugget IPAGolden Nugget IPA

Toppling Goliath Brewing Company visit their website
Iowa, United States

Beer added by: AmericanGothic on 06-06-2011

This spectacularly golden, medium bodied IPA was crafted from a winning combination of Golden Promise malt and Nugget hops. Fall in love with the big hop aroma of our Golden Nugget as it mingles with fragrances of citrus and evergreen, followed by a floral sweetness. Tropical fruit flavors entice your taste buds before immediately captivating you with a bold, hop forward taste and a pleasant bitterness in the finish.

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 974 | Reviews: 113

4.98/5  rDev +17.5%

4.97/5  rDev +17.2%

Sometimes the best things are discovered by accident. I went to Elkader and the OTHER bar was closed. Walked into a different bar that featured mostly Iowa beers.

I ordered a large. It came with a beautiful white head and a cloudy bright yellow body. Lacing was good thorughout the glass.

Nose was really fresh with floral, citrus and hops all the way.

Taste....Well.. In a nutshell, this is why we drink our beer fresh. This has the most beautiful fresh citrus blend of orange and lemon and the lemon rind bit you hard at first. There wasn't much spice but the hop profile was as good as it gets. I am told this is made with Golden Nugget hops. My mouth was loaded with hop flavor for some time after the visit. And it was a good aftertaste. A rare treat.

Mouthfeel was just heavy enough with good carbonation. I can't say enough about this beer. I truly think that for me personally this is the best IPA I have had. Just shows what fresh quality beer can do for you. I could only have one, I will go back. Next stop may be the brewery.

4.96/5  rDev +17%

4.93/5  rDev +16.3%

4.92/5  rDev +16%

4.91/5  rDev +15.8%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

4.87/5  rDev +14.9%

4.8/5  rDev +13.2%

4.78/5  rDev +12.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

This is a phenomenal beer, nice malt to hop ratio if you get the chance to try it do. I had a nice review made up but once again this website screwed that up. Do yourself a favor and try any TG beers you can . I am thankful for my friends that have hooked me up on these. They are very earthy grainy well balanced beers. This one is a bit more assertive on the hop profile but not overly so. Its a nicely balanced beer and I think the reviews on this one will grow. This is a bit underrated!

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Golden Nugget IPA from Toppling Goliath Brewing Company