PseudoSue - Toppling Goliath Brewing Company

PseudoSuePseudoSue

Toppling Goliath Brewing Company visit their website
Iowa, United States

American Pale Ale (APA) |  5.80% ABV

This single hop ale showcases the Citra hop. Named for the largest T-rex fossil ever discovered, she roars with ferocious aromas of grapefruit, citrus, mango and evergreen. Delicate in body with a mild bite in the finish.

(Beer added by: emerge077 on 08-17-2011)

4.64/5  rDev +1.1%

4.72/5  rDev +2.8%

4.75/5  rDev +3.5%

3.75/5  rDev -18.3%

4.3/5  rDev -6.3%

4.08/5  rDev -11.1%

4.81/5  rDev +4.8%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

I had a very thorough review of this beer. Comparing and contrasting it with Zombie Dust as I just drank them together and once again my review was lost, that has been happening a lot lately, not sure what the deal is, could be me. Anyway, I will attempt to review this beer from mental notes.

Color: Hazy golden color, very much like ZD in that respect. Nicely done for the style.

Smell: It very faint, I got some grassy notes, there was definitely tropical fruits in there, mango, guava, papaya. Very subtle on the nose not as potent as others. Not a bad thing. I have gotten beers with an amazing nose that taste awful.

Taste: This one does not taste awful. It is truly spectacular. Mango, tropical fruits, earthy grains, some grassy notes in there. Its really a perfectly balanced beer. Its not too hop driven and its not overly malty, its just right in my opinion. I would prefer it to have a bit more bite. Its very smooth, in the mouthfeel category.

Overall: This is a world class beer and is worth the ratings it has received. I think i liked the ZD just a bit more, but barely. Had I not drank them one after another they would probably have blown my mind, and truly my mind is blow, to have the opportunity to try these beers one after another and both be fresh. I have to give a big thank you to my trader friend from Iowa who got these to me. Cheers man! Top notch beer, no doubt, if you can find it get it!

4.75/5  rDev +3.5%