Mountain Livin' Pale Ale - Crazy Mountain Brewing Company

American Pale Ale (APA) |  6.00% ABV

Beer added by: emmasdad on 09-12-2011

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50 | 51-75  | next → last
3.51/5  rDev +2.9%
look: 3.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

What a weird mix. Aroma is awesome! So dank. I expected a hopsplosion but was surprised at how balanced it was. The only problem was a lack of carbonation. Too flat, otherwise tasty. (182 characters)

2.01/5  rDev -41.1%

Who dropped their Fruit-Stripe Gum in my beer! I found it!!!

I loooove Crazy Mountain's stuff! Except this one. Maybe good for a Hipster's attempt to get that 'Coors light drinkin' chick into beer.' Ugh.

Not a good APA. I like piney-citrus flavor in my pale ales -not old chewed up tropical fruit flavored bubble gum. Interesting at first, but, nah. Not for me. (363 characters)

4.89/5  rDev +43.4%

Wow...that's all I have to say. this is beer sets the standard for pale ale's in my book. They definitely boosted the hops by adding a beautiful aroma on it. I recommend this beer to anyone getting into craft beer or anyone having trouble grasping the hop flavors. For a Pale ale this beer has a huge hop aroma with a very lite hope bite on the end. They balanced this beer right on the edge of Pale Ale and American Pale Ale (APA). No enough hop bite on the end to consider it an APA but just the right finish to make me wanna drink this all day/night. I give the guys over at Crazy Mountain Brewery Props on this one. It hits all the right spots i expect when drinking a quality craft beer. (692 characters)

3.76/5  rDev +10.3%

Good beer, nice place with plenty of outdoor seating. The interior ceiling could use some work, as it is just unfinished drywall making the place feel like it is in progress. I would almost rather see exposed framing than unfinished drywall, but hopefully they will improve it. The location is easily accessible right off of I-70 in Edwards. Great stop on the way to or from the mountains. (389 characters)

3.57/5  rDev +4.7%

Poured from a 12 oz can with date code 2 02 24 A 2 B A into a tulip. Gonna assume that's Feb. 24, 2012, since I can't find any info about it, so possibly an older can. At least has been in the fridge for a while.

Appearance: Orange-red with an eggshell white head. Aggressive pour yielded only about 1/2" head. Moderate retention, good lacing. Emptied the can, and there are some suspended particulates in the beer, otherwise pretty clear.

Smell: Sweet, tropical hop notes up front. Pretty fresh considering the date, but not powerful or pungent -- if it weren't my first beer of the night, I might not be able to pick it up so well. Reminds me of papaya and peaches; not very citrusy, but has some spicy character. Caramel malts underneath that, not much else. I really enjoyed the nose on this and am eager to try it fresh on tap.

Taste: Malts really come to the forefront here, possibly due to the age of the beer, but it's still relatively balanced and enjoyable. Medium-low bitterness for an APA, does not really linger, but enough to dry out the finish with all those caramel malts there.

Mouthfeel: Somewhat thin with medium-low carbonation. I'm not a fan of the caramel flavor with the higher alcohol; it implies that the body will be medium, but it falls a bit flat. Needs more body to bring it into balance, and I don't think this would hurt the drinkability at all.

Overall: I really like the hop profile of this beer, and I bet it is very nice when it is fresh. I think it could use a bit more body to balance out the alcohol and caramel malts. (1,561 characters)

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50 | 51-75  | next → last