Duquesne LT - Duquesne Bottling Company

Duquesne LTDuquesne LT

Duquesne Bottling Company visit their website
Pennsylvania, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: MirkoCroCough on 07-14-2012)

2.25/5  rDev -31.6%

2.43/5  rDev -26.1%

Poured from a brown 12 oz. bottle. Has a pale yellow color with a 1/2 inch head. Smell is mild, some grains and malts. Taste, is light, mild, malts, some grains, easy drinking but bland. Feels medium bodied in the mouth and overall is nothing to get excited about.

2.58/5  rDev -21.6%

Many, many thanks to local trader, tone77, for the big box o' beer that he recently brought by for me!

I had to laugh at this one, initially, as the cap looks like somebody's homebrew with "LT" crudely handwritten in red marker. They keep refining the Duke of Duquesne so that he appears as a youthful man toasting his subjects against a backdrop of the keystone state's logo. All hail the Duke of Duquesne! BTW, it is pronounced "Doo-kane", not "Doo-kez-nee" as I once heard and fell out laughing.

My pour netted me an initial finger of fluffy, bone-white head with decent retention. Color was a pale straw-yellow with NE-quality clarity. Nose smelled of silage, a sure sign of corn-related adjuncts. Oh well, it is not my first such encounter nor will it be my last. Mouthfeel was thin and watery and the taste of corn made me look to see when I had last hit my bag of Fritos. I have been a fan of Fritos ever since I was a little kid and had some with soup at lunch. People laugh at me for it, but Fritos have been a big part of my life since childhood. However, corn should NOT be a part of beer. It is a cheap adjunct that lends unwanted flavor(s) and irritates me. Finish was actually semi-dry, but it was mostly a semi-bland, adjunct filled light lager. Once and done. I will drink Duke, bit Duke LT? No thanks.

2.75/5  rDev -16.4%

2.84/5  rDev -13.7%

3.25/5  rDev -1.2%

3.25/5  rDev -1.2%

3.75/5  rDev +14%

3.83/5  rDev +16.4%

Duquesne's new light beer. Bottle into pint glass.

Very clear and light golden in color. Nice amount of bubbles racing to the top. Decent head and lacing. Looks similar to a Straub's.

Clean and light malty smell.

Malty for a light beer. Faint hops in the finish. More flavor appears as it warms.

Clean with a fuller body than typical light beers with a smoother finish. Not dry and sharp.

Damn good for the style with surprising amount of fullness and flavor. No adjuncts either. Looking forward to seeing this in a 30 pack of cans.

4.33/5  rDev +31.6%

Great light beer. I'm a big fan of the Pilsener's taste but I drink a lot of light beer so I prefer this. Very smooth taste and still a great amount of alcohol (4.2%) for only 96 calories. Hopefully they will release the LT in cans soon, it'd be a great hit for the younger crowd.

4.38/5  rDev +33.1%

I love the original Duquesne so I was first in line to try the new LT (Not sure what LT stands for but I like it). Pours very well just like the original and leaves a great taste in your mouth. Perfect head and smell. While I must say I prefer the original, the LT is nothing to shake a stick at. I usually don't drink light beers but be certain that if I ever do, I'll be buying LT. Same low price as the original makes this a no-brainer for me. So far Duquesne is 2 for 2 and I'm hoping they keep increasing their product line because I'm a huge fan. Pittsburgh beer!

4.4/5  rDev +33.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

This is a very satisfying light beer. It does not have the watered down taste that so many other light beers have and yet it retains its lighter taste and never seems too heavy. Drinking this beer is one of the more pleasing light beer experiences I have had.

4.68/5  rDev +42.2%

Been Waiting for Duquesne to come out with a light version of their pilsener, so was looking forward to trying this and finally got a chance to.

Got to say it lived up to my expectations. Pours a bright golden color and has a good head. Has a sweet taste too leaving no aftertaste. Also has a more fuller body than other light beers have and its a better price than most as well. So it's a win, win.

Was very impressed and will defintiely be purchasing it more often, highly reccommend giving it a shot

Duquesne LT from Duquesne Bottling Company