SNO White Ale - MillKing It Productions

SNO White Ale
No picture uploaded.

MillKing It Productions

Witbier |  4.80% ABV

(Beer added by: StoutHunter on 12-27-2012)
View: Beers (4) |  Events

03-09-2014 15:55:24 | More by mcrawford
chinchill

South Carolina

3.39/5  rDev +1.8%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

16 oz can purchased last month for $1.99 at Siciliano’s (MI). Poured into a Belgian snifter. Attractive can with a clever name.

The beer poured an orange-amber color; hazy with a small, weak head that soon reduced to a thin partial top coat and a ring, but continued to leave decent lacing.

Aroma: spicy and yeasty Witbier; a bit funky and fairly fruity but not much banana.

Taste: carries over the traits of the aroma, but a nice dry tartness is the dominant quality. Well chosen light amount of spices with a citrus, wheat and malt base.

Feel: Smooth, dry finish; light-medium body is a bit watery; medium carbonation is a bit lower than average for style.

Overall: Nicely tart.

09-15-2013 23:45:18 | More by chinchill

2.75/5  rDev -17.4%

06-16-2013 21:43:13 | More by Pillowburn
GRPunk

3.06/5  rDev -8.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 3

Pint can poured into a Duvel tulip.

A- A somewhat sloppy pour created a 1-1/2 finger white head that sustained pretty well before falling out to a light film. The body was a hazy, golden color with medium-light carbonation. A second pour really clouds the body and creates a more dense head. Decent lace is left on the glass.

S- Some orange and spice (coriander I presume). A candy-like, sugary sweetness. The spicy really picks up later. Light, bready notes. Pretty bold for the style when all is said and done.

T- Very wheaty at first. Hints of orange and coriander increase later. Every once in a while, there's a flavor I can't quite place. I've experienced it with Vivant beers before and been told it's a characteristic of their yeast strain. For me it comes off as "ashy." Again, I don't seem to get it with every sip, maybe more with a really deep mouthful where I try to introduce more air. Not so much with a normal sip, but when it's there, it's pretty off-putting to my palate.

M- Nicely grainy, though maybe a touch thin.

O- I'm not so sure about this one. I can't write it off, but I'm not going to sing its praises either. Too much going on, or not enough?

With MBC going under, and with it the Celis catalog of beers, I'll continue my search for a replacement White/Wit from the Mitten State. This is too middle-of-the-road for my tastes to fit the bill. Seeing as it's listed as a winter seasonal, maybe I'll give it another try next year (though it was new to my local shelf).

As a bonus, my wife really enjoyed it on this Mother's Day.

05-12-2013 21:35:31 | More by GRPunk

Kerrie

01-31-2013 19:04:49 | More by Kerrie
StoutHunter

3.05/5  rDev -8.4%

I picked up a can of Milking It Productions SNO White Ale a couple weeks ago for $2.09 at The Lager Mill. I was picking up some different winter seasonals at the store and I thought I would take a chance on this one, so lets see how it goes. No visible canning date. Poured from a tall 16oz can into a tulip.

A- The can looks good, I really like the design. It poured a dark gold color that took on an orange hue when held to the light and it was fairly hazy with no head whatsoever and no lacing. This wasn't a good looking beer, a fairly rough pour didn't produce any foam, it's not right for the style.

S- The aroma starts off with a medium amount of sweetness and wheaty malts that impart a wheat, grainy, and bread crust like aromas. After that comes a higher amount of medium spices with cloves sticking out the most and slight earthy aroma at the end. This was a pretty standard aroma for a Witbier, but it was spiced just enough, it was nice.

T- The taste is similar to the aroma, but much lighter, it starts off with a lower amount of sweetness and a light amount of spices with a noticeable orange peel flavor. After that comes the malts which impart a wheaty, grainy, and bready flavor. This beer was pretty average tasting, the flavors were pretty light and under spiced.

M- Smooth, dry, a little watery, on the light side of being medium bodied with a slightly higher amount of medium carbonation. The mouthfeel was average, it shouldn't be as watery as it is.

Overall I wasn't impressed with this beer and I thought it was an average at best White Ale, it just had too many aspects that weren't were they should be for the style and it got to be a little to bland for me. This beer had ok drinkability, it went down smooth, and it was lighter bodied, but the flavor lost my interest and one pint is enough for me. What I liked the most about this beer was the aroma, it was nice and it seemed to be the most balanced part of this beer. What I liked the least about this beer was the appearance, it's pretty sad when even a rough pour doesn't produce any head with a beer that somehow still has a good amount of carbonation in the mouthfeel, I don't understand it. I wouldn't buy this beer again, I would much rather have Bell's Winter White Ale and I don't think I would recommend it to anyone. All in all I was let down with this beer, I haven't many beers from this brewery but so far I haven't been too impressed, I hope they start canning some good beer soon..

12-27-2012 04:41:23 | More by StoutHunter