Sticke Alt - Royal Oak Brewery

to view more.
Ratings: 2 | Reviews: 2
Reviews by redmosquito:
3.33/5  rDev n/a

Dark amber almost brown in color, clear with a light beige head. The aroma is malty caramel and nutty, there's a good amount of Munich malt in this beer. The beer tasted good, it was clean and malty (caramel & slight toffee), perhaps lacking a little bitterness. The body was okay if not lingering. This was an okay alt, I would expect more toffee and more bitterness as a sticke.

3.45/5  rDev n/a
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

If this beer was retired then it has been resurrected because I just ate at the Royal Oak Brewery tonight and brought a growler home. I also had a pint with dinner. The pretty blond waitress told me that the beer was German style malty and sweet and reddish in color. And that's this beer in a nutshell. My particular sample right now is a little flat because of the vessle it was transported in but I know it has a much better head and carbonation because of the pint I had at the bar. It's the color of a well worn penny. Perhaps circa 1973. and it smells candy sweet. Malty and sugary and almost maple-like. The smell and taste mimmick each other exactly. I almost want to pour it on my pancakes. It's somewhat thick and syrupy with low carbonation. If you try to spit on the sidewalk after drinking this you'll have a stringy hanger dangling from your lips that you'll have to swipe away with your jacket's sleeve cuff. Decent beer but not the best that ROB has to offer.

to view more.
Sticke Alt from Royal Oak Brewery
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.