Daymark - Rising Tide Brewing Company

Rising Tide Brewing Company visit their website
Maine, United States

Rye Beer |  5.50% ABV

Beer added by: dciBA on 04-13-2011

Chart a new course with Daymark as your guide. We start with a classic, clean and crisp American pale ale brewed with spicy Columbus and Centennial hops. Then we accent the grain bill with rye grown on small local family farms right here in Maine and malted to our specifications at Valley Malts, an artisanal malt house. Finally we dry hop the finished beer for a bright floral aroma.
to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 237 | Reviews: 65

2.5/5  rDev -35.6%

2.5/5  rDev -35.6%

Had this beer at the Amesbury Beer Festival on Sep 22 2012.

Most of the beers were served from bottles into small 3oz plastic pixie cups.

Although I took notes on the 20+ different beers that I tried, it is difficult to remember all of the details associated with each beer. My apologies to readers of these notes. However, I did pay attention to my overall scores, and noted what I thought were unique positives and negatives w/ each beer.

Note that for me:
< 2.5 = probably would not finish the beer
3.0 = drinkable beer, but likely would not buy again or look for
>3.5 = will try to buy again in the future

As an APA, this was ok. There was a metal after taste that did not appeal to me. Reminded me of Sam Adams Noble Pils.

3.05/5  rDev -21.4%

So I've been pretty excited about this one. I love rye beers. I poured this into a pint glass and I've simply dissapointed. For the record on ths I bought this a couple weeks ago and it's been sitting upright in my refrigerator since. So here goes. Poured into a pint glass. Lots of creamy white head and soapy lace sitting atop a hazy dirty looking body. It looks like the unfiltered apple juice I buy for my daughter. Giant gobs of yeast are sitting on the bottom of my glass. Better let this settle down a bit in hopes it gets better from here.

So this smells pretty good. Lots of grapefruit in the aroma with a little bit of melon. Bitter citrus hops mostly on this one with a little bit of that kickin' rye scent. So far so good. Bitter musty hops through and through on this. Mostly this is really hoppy with a little bit of melon flavor and rye. Nothing great here.

Decent feel here. This one is a little sticky and the body is a bit heavier than I would like. Nice soft carbonation. Overall this is actually a little dissapointing. I have some bottle of their other offerings so I'm hoping those go better. Damn, this one kind of broke my heart. Maybe I got a bad bottle, so the next batch that I see I'll give it another go. I'll rereview if I need to.

3.22/5  rDev -17%

3.25/5  rDev -16.2%

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Daymark from Rising Tide Brewing Company