DOS - Ranger Creek Brewing & Distilling

Ranger Creek Brewing & Distilling visit their website
Texas, United States

American Strong Ale |  9.00% ABV

Beer added by: Lawl3ss on 12-06-2012

A doubled-up version of Ranger Creek's OPA.
4.52/5  rDev n/a

(from notes)
On tap at Billy's on Burnet, Austin.

Appearance- Served up by the pint (at 9%!) without head, clear amber-brown with orange-ruby highlights. Decent lacing.

Smell- Bitter orange rind, caramel, something of a darker evergreen scent, very graham cracker-y.

Taste- Wow. Absolutely delicious. Gobs and gobs of hop flavor without being too bitter. Sweet but not too sweet for my tastes, solid shortbread/toffee flavor that doesn't become too cloying or overbearing. Lemon rind and herbal hop profile, Simcoe at a guess, but not as "sharp" as usual. Complex without being overwhelming.

Mouthfeel- Smooth, exceptionally so. Full feel, light-medium carbonation, silky. Very, very drinkable. Finishes cleaner than expected, particularly for the ABV and heft. You can tell it's not a light beer, but not boozy at all.

Overall- I have to say that it's been a long time since I ordered the same thing on tap more than once in a night. In fact, I don't recall the last time I ordered the same thing twice in a row. Long story short, I ordered three of these in sequence. Probably not the best idea, but someone else was driving. Absolutely worth trying, and I'll be looking to snag this one again. As soon as possible. Reminds me of a Simcoe-y Nugget Nectar, which I've been missing like the Dickens. Get this beer. Just do it. (1,344 characters)

DOS from Ranger Creek Brewing & Distilling
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.