Catcher In The Rye - Wandering Star Brewing Company

Massachusetts, United States

Rye Beer |  5.00% ABV

Beer added by: Jason on 05-06-2013

4.25/5  rDev +18.1%

Had on Cask at dba in Brooklyn. Not a major IPA fan but the combo of cask conditioned and rye led me to give it a shot. Nicely balanced an not to hop heavy, which is always nice. Can taste the rye and the bitterness lingers at the end in a pleasant way. A good choice for a quick one in the afternoon to drink while reading.

2.96/5  rDev -17.8%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.25

Rye brews are not usually my cup of tea, but this one is mild enough to be enjoyable as a distraction from the normal rack of forceful IPAs. Not much head and very little lacing. Great balance of flavors and nice mouthfeel. I'd like to be more enthusiastic because this is not just some novelty, but...I need a bit more. Of what I'm not sure

3.7/5  rDev +2.8%

Still a newbie, so feel unqualified rating for appearance/smell/notes etc. It had a hint of what tasted like grapefruit, maybe? Definite citrus and floral notes. I'm frankly not a big fan of the IPA family, but I thought this was a solid choice in that category. Had enough of a detailed flavor to combat the bitterness that tends to make me shy away from IPAs and their cousins.

Catcher In The Rye from Wandering Star Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.