White Chocolate Moo-Hoo Milk Stout - Terrapin Beer Company

White Chocolate Moo-Hoo Milk StoutWhite Chocolate Moo-Hoo Milk Stout

Terrapin Beer Company visit their website
Georgia, United States

Milk / Sweet Stout |  6.00% ABV

(Beer added by: HookemHoos on 11-12-2013)
3.89/5  rDev +0.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

I was lucky enough to find a few of these, as well as the Roll'd WnB - I will start of by saying I was a bit underwhelmed by this one given the hype, but it is still a great beer.

Aroma: This is kind of a no brainer, sweet and delicious chocolate. You can almost get full from just the aroma. Several different types of chocolate, dominant white chocolate nose.

Appearance: Beautiful black in color, you're not seeing through this beer even held up to light. Very thin tan/brown head that appears only to briefly say hello.

Flavor: Up front I immediately notice the lactose and milky flavor to this beer, followed by a tremendous amount of sweet chocolate. The white chocolate is suprisingly light in flavor when compared to the smell. It is still present, but it is not as dominant as the regular chocolate flavor that this thing offers. Very sweet and dessert-like. I can't imagine drinking more than a 12oz glass.

Mouthfeel: Silky and creamy, very smooth. Lightly carbonated, I would have actually preferred a bit more carbonation, but the light carbonation makes the chocolate really stand out and speak for itself.

Overall: I am a bit bias, because I waited 3 hours in line to get a bottle - but it was still a very good beer overall; I just wanted a bit more from it. As previously said, it is VERY sweet, I would like a bit more drink-ability.

Mattyc88, Dec 18, 2013
3.79/5  rDev -1.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Pours black with very little light coming through. Head dissipates quickly.
Big, sweet chocolate aroma. Dark malts, and a hint of vanilla. Pretty similar to regular Moohoo.
Tastes similar to the aroma. Basically regular moohoo with a touch of a vanilla like flavor. Sweet with medium carb and body.

So similar to regular Moohoo that I had to make sure the bartender gave me the right one. She gave me a sample of regular Moohoo and only then did I pick up on the subtle vanilla in the flavor. Not too exciting, really.

Danny1217, Dec 18, 2013

emottram, Dec 17, 2013
3.18/5  rDev -17.6%

22 oz. bottle poured half into a pint glass and half into a Duvel Tulip (split with friend)

A- surprisingly and for the first time yet the tulip did not make much difference in headiness of the beer, it had a nice caramel/tan fluffy head but dissipated very fast... leaving no trace of lacing whatsoever. Though the color of the brew made up for that, black. black as night.

S- Milk chocolate sugary sweet but not overwhelmingly so, it smelled like I expected out of regular moo-hoo but there was no white chocolate to be found here..

T- Sadly here's where I must hatch off a few points, much like the smell it was definitely milk chocolaty with some sweet parts but what came at the end is what I'm assuming to be the lactose.. maybe my buds are not at that level of acquired taste but it was rough, like a chemical taste, but that quickly went away and honestly I wouldn't say it left any taste in my mouth.

M- Quite light for a stout and awkwardly lightly carbonated, like almost flat coke. it just didn't bring much to the palate.

O- For the hype that was behind the White Chocolate I was really surprised on how little it delivered. don't get me wrong I'll probably have to try another if I get the chance just to make sure but for now I'm not blown away by any means

ivanovichi, Dec 17, 2013
4.5/5  rDev +16.6%

riemster, Dec 17, 2013

tarheels4life23, Dec 17, 2013

Craigory, Dec 16, 2013

DiscLizard, Dec 16, 2013
3.79/5  rDev -1.8%

Pours a black with a thumb sized head brown head that falls fairly quick ringed bubbles.

Aroma is sweet lactose sweetness and lots of chocolate sweetness added. Some light roasted that's not chocolate and some good vanilla notes.

Taste is lots of sweetness lactose and chocolate notes and good dose of vanilla more so then that's in the nose. Some dry like coco notes in the finish mingle with lots vanilla. This one is pretty dang sweet but just short of cloying. Personally dont believe its better then the regular Moo-Hoo.

Mouthfeel is nice a big medium with lots of sugar floating around, has good feel to it.

Overall its enjoyable enough but not something I would go out of my way to purchase again.

mntlover, Dec 16, 2013
4.03/5  rDev +4.4%

22 oz bottle poured into a snifter

A- Black with a two finger mocha color head.

S- Cocoa, some white chocolate, some vanilla, touch of roasted malts.

T- Sweet, chocolate, cocoa, some vanilla, some roasted malts, some lactose.

M- Medium to full body, creamy, nice amount of carbonation.

O- Well done and very enjoyable, would be better if the taste was bigger. Worth the price.

larryi86, Dec 15, 2013

GABrew, Dec 15, 2013

sendbeer, Dec 15, 2013

jbaker67, Dec 15, 2013

khargro2, Dec 15, 2013
3.89/5  rDev +0.8%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Appearance: The pitch black liquid is capped by a frothy tan head that leaves a few shards

Smell: Loads of vanilla sugar aromatics bring out the white chocolate elements

Taste: Very sugary, up front, with the vanilla and milk chocolate flavors building underneath; after the swallow, the flavor profile gets even sweeter and the finish is a sugar bomb

Mouthfeel: Medium body with moderate carbonation

Overall: I used to love white chocolate when I was a kid but now one bite is enough - and that's the way I feel about this beer; awfully tough to finish the glass with all of the vanilla and sweetness; a fun concept, though, so my rating is bumped up a bit

brentk56, Dec 15, 2013

ScotNH, Dec 14, 2013
3.8/5  rDev -1.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.75

Served on tap at Frisco's Tap House in Columbia, MD. Glad to get a chance to find this on tap in the area.

Beer served in a pint glass hits the table with only a dark khaki cap of foam left. Dark brown appearance. Nothing really extraordinary to look at, but nothing out of place either.

Beer was served too cold, and on first smell I really didn't get anything. Had to let the beer warm up a bit, and then the wafts of chocolate could be found. Not really sure what I was expecting but I didn't find this to be drastically different that regular Moo Hoo in the aroma.

Taste showed some differentiation from the regular Moo Hoo. Definitely distinct white chocolate taste, sweeter than normal Moo Hoo. Little bit of vanilla custard present, slight creme brulee type taste.

I've always found Moo Hoo to be a little thinner than I'd like and this is exactly the same. Carbonation could stand to be dialed down a notch too.

Overall, I enjoyed this beer but it wasn't quite the unique experience I was hoping for compared to the regular version. The taste was the high point in this beer and that's not a bad thing. I'm glad I got a chance to try it, but I don't feel a huge need to track this down in bottle form.

smokeypeat, Dec 14, 2013

andthevolcano, Dec 14, 2013

jumboj11, Dec 13, 2013

StoneBrewFanatic, Dec 13, 2013
3.75/5  rDev -2.8%

seavercm, Dec 13, 2013
4.25/5  rDev +10.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Bottle from Proof Bottle Shop.

EVERYONE please let this beer warm up quite a bit before drinking! I accidentally left it in the cooler a bit too long, and I'm glad I left it sitting out for about an hour and a half before really getting into it.

Poured into a small CCB snifter and the color is the deepest opaque brown with some dark chocolatey color around the edges with a twinge of deep red. Decent amount of tan head that lasted about a minute before fading down to just a film across the head and some larger bubbles around the collar. Nice sweet milky aroma with some milk chocolate, vanilla and a very faint touch of bourbon. Taste was very much a blend of dark chocolate and the sweeter white chocolate. Lots of lactose sweetness too. Still that wonderful touch of what I would call bourbon. Did they barrel age this one? Nicely rich and low carbonated. Really glad I snagged this one!

mverity, Dec 13, 2013