White Chocolate Moo-Hoo Milk Stout - Terrapin Beer Company

White Chocolate Moo-Hoo Milk StoutWhite Chocolate Moo-Hoo Milk Stout

Terrapin Beer Company visit their website
Georgia, United States

Milk / Sweet Stout |  6.00% ABV

(Beer added by: HookemHoos on 11-12-2013)

3.5/5  rDev -9.1%

4.5/5  rDev +16.9%

3.25/5  rDev -15.6%

3.89/5  rDev +1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

I was lucky enough to find a few of these, as well as the Roll'd WnB - I will start of by saying I was a bit underwhelmed by this one given the hype, but it is still a great beer.

Aroma: This is kind of a no brainer, sweet and delicious chocolate. You can almost get full from just the aroma. Several different types of chocolate, dominant white chocolate nose.

Appearance: Beautiful black in color, you're not seeing through this beer even held up to light. Very thin tan/brown head that appears only to briefly say hello.

Flavor: Up front I immediately notice the lactose and milky flavor to this beer, followed by a tremendous amount of sweet chocolate. The white chocolate is suprisingly light in flavor when compared to the smell. It is still present, but it is not as dominant as the regular chocolate flavor that this thing offers. Very sweet and dessert-like. I can't imagine drinking more than a 12oz glass.

Mouthfeel: Silky and creamy, very smooth. Lightly carbonated, I would have actually preferred a bit more carbonation, but the light carbonation makes the chocolate really stand out and speak for itself.

Overall: I am a bit bias, because I waited 3 hours in line to get a bottle - but it was still a very good beer overall; I just wanted a bit more from it. As previously said, it is VERY sweet, I would like a bit more drink-ability.

3.79/5  rDev -1.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Pours black with very little light coming through. Head dissipates quickly.
Big, sweet chocolate aroma. Dark malts, and a hint of vanilla. Pretty similar to regular Moohoo.
Tastes similar to the aroma. Basically regular moohoo with a touch of a vanilla like flavor. Sweet with medium carb and body.

So similar to regular Moohoo that I had to make sure the bartender gave me the right one. She gave me a sample of regular Moohoo and only then did I pick up on the subtle vanilla in the flavor. Not too exciting, really.

3.18/5  rDev -17.4%

22 oz. bottle poured half into a pint glass and half into a Duvel Tulip (split with friend)

A- surprisingly and for the first time yet the tulip did not make much difference in headiness of the beer, it had a nice caramel/tan fluffy head but dissipated very fast... leaving no trace of lacing whatsoever. Though the color of the brew made up for that, black. black as night.

S- Milk chocolate sugary sweet but not overwhelmingly so, it smelled like I expected out of regular moo-hoo but there was no white chocolate to be found here..

T- Sadly here's where I must hatch off a few points, much like the smell it was definitely milk chocolaty with some sweet parts but what came at the end is what I'm assuming to be the lactose.. maybe my buds are not at that level of acquired taste but it was rough, like a chemical taste, but that quickly went away and honestly I wouldn't say it left any taste in my mouth.

M- Quite light for a stout and awkwardly lightly carbonated, like almost flat coke. it just didn't bring much to the palate.

O- For the hype that was behind the White Chocolate I was really surprised on how little it delivered. don't get me wrong I'll probably have to try another if I get the chance just to make sure but for now I'm not blown away by any means

4.5/5  rDev +16.9%