2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Terrapin Monk's Revenge - Terrapin Beer Company

Terrapin Monk's RevengeTerrapin Monk's Revenge

good

Terrapin Beer Company visit their website
Georgia, United States

Belgian IPA |  9.60% ABV

Availability: Spring

Originally Side Project #5, now a Spring release.

(Beer added by: ClockworkOrange on 01-09-2009)
View: Beers (40) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Terrapin Monk's Revenge Alström Bros
Ratings: 605 | Reviews: 326 | Show All Ratings:
brewskifan55

Mississippi

3.86/5  rDev +0.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Poured into a snifter

A: Opaque, burnt orange with a white half-finger head that leaves light lacing.

S: Belgian yeast, citrus, floral

T: What a nice surprise. Didn't know what to expect. Sweet, malty, floral, grapefruity. A really nice balance of hops and malts and Belgian goodies. Alcohol drops by to kick some turtle ass.

M: Medium with medium carbonation.

O: A really great hybrid. Everyone at the tasting was inpressed. Recommended.

10-31-2013 21:20:30 | More by brewskifan55
Mojo

Alabama

4.01/5  rDev +4.7%

12 ounce bottle -> Grand Teton Brewing tulip glass

A - pours up a hazy peachy/apricot color with a one finger head, minimal retention, minimal lacing.

S - weak nose, mostly a peach smell

T - This one took me by surprise. At 9.6 ABV I expected it to be pretty boozy. But the alcohol is very well hidden. This seems to be a perfect hybrid between a Belgian and an IPA. The first flavor is very sweet and citrusy giving way to a dry finish. Neither dominates the other.

M - surprisingly light and pleasant.

O - this is an easy drinking beer considering how big it is. I normally don't like really big beers, (defined by me as above 8%) but this one is a notable exception.

10-10-2013 03:26:05 | More by Mojo
jeff1973

3.81/5  rDev -0.5%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Poured from a 12oz bottle into Stone IRS tulip. Bottled on 3/23/13, so about 7 mos old. Acquired in trade. Thanks beerbyrd!

A - Slightly cloudy burnt orange. Eggshell heads leaves good lacing.

S - Bubblegum, band-aid, peach, orange. Very aromatic.

T - More like a Tripel than a Belgian IPA. The bubblegum, peach, and orange come out and the taste is quite sweet, before drying out in the finish. Get very little hop bitterness, but then again this bottle is 7 mos old.

M - Medium, with a lively carbonation that is refreshing.

O - Really good beer that hides the high ABV very well. Easy beer to drink. Only knock is would like more hop bitterness. Would like to try a fresher bottle.

09-26-2013 02:17:56 | More by jeff1973
oceanrue

I enjoyed this very much...I enjoyed this very much...I enjoyed this very much...I enjoyed this very much...I enjoyed this very much...I enjoyed this very much...I enjoyed this very much...I enjoyed this very much...I enjoyed this very much...I enjoyed this very much...I enjoyed this very much...I enjoyed this very much...I enjoyed this very much...I enjoyed this very much...I enjoyed this very much...I enjoyed this very much...I enjoyed this very much...I enjoyed this very much...I enjoyed this very much...I enjoyed this very much...I enjoyed this very much...I enjoyed this very much...I enjoyed this very much...I enjoyed this very much...I enjoyed this very much...I enjoyed this very much...I enjoyed this very much...

09-25-2013 17:50:57 | More by oceanrue
scotorum

4.06/5  rDev +6%

While in Florida on business, I grabbed some stuff I can't find up north. This was one of the best of the ten I tried.

I was surprised at how good this was. Typical Belgian tripel taste all the way with good hop bite. Almost ideal for its type. Masterfully made and I would expect it would be sure to please any lover of such. The high ABV is well covered. So good it makes the name seem ironic.

09-09-2013 19:25:56 | More by scotorum
Ego

3.9/5  rDev +1.8%

growler from joe canals in edison.. or is it woodbridge technically ? oy...

eyes...
low audible head on a slightly raucous pour, kinda murky dull orange, the lacing is pretty absent but in place is legs from the kicked up ABV, a jailbreak of midget bubbles explodes from the bottom of the glass as if escaping from a would be clown car or the line at your typical roller coaster

nose...
at first hops, but then spicy tripel notes - slightly bready with strong banana, dry sugar, a sense of the alcohol haunting around in the back, light fruit notes like pear, interesting

taste etc...
a hybrid indeed, you get the sort of IPAish hop signature but yet all the hallmarks of a tripel/belgian, it drinks sort of light weight with just enough bite in the feel department, you get initial hops but then mild belgian flavors (which I think the hops help to balance out), the nose meets the flavor mostly here, you have some banana tone with bready not quite yeasty notes ... it starts to get into some sweetness but the hops prevent it from ever reaching that stage, and the aftertaste is a strange (but pleasant) mix of nice bitters, sweet bready flavor, some natural honey notes, and a soft fruit dryness (along with a definite knock from the alcohol)

verdict?
deceptively smooth, a really nice blend for my taste, I don't love some belgians (usually too sweet) but this cuts the difference with hops ... and who can argue with that? a very americanized beer in a good way

Serving type: growler

09-08-2013 04:38:30 | More by Ego
BottleOfPills

West Virginia

3.59/5  rDev -6.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Got this beer while on vacation a couple weeks ago at Publix in Destin/Fort Walton Beach, Florida. There should actually be a few of these posts and this is the so-called "first-of".

This is a Belgian Style India Pale Ale - says so right on the bottom and like always I have no freaking clue what it means to be "Belgian Style" of an IPA..

I poured mine into a glass (type unsure) as I'm hiding out in my hotel in Detroit this eve and this is all they had. My beer is served too cold as I've kept it in a cooler on ice.

Once poured it's a dark amber color, with a hue of red or reddish brown. Mine didn't leave much of a head mayb due to the temperature of the beer, but instead large carbonation bubbles clinging to side and pushing up along the sides and leaving a slim quick disapating ring along the outside.

The smell is fruit, citrus, or something like. Not off puting and not overly mentionable.

Where the smell reminds me of citrus, the taste at first is anything but. More spicey and earthy to me, malts prevail but not overly so. Only after the first few seconds or partial second does the citrus come into play - orange and coriander. I get some hop taste doesn't overpower and is quite good.

Mouthfeel in my case is probably skewed by the fact mine is served so cold, but it feels my mouth with cool carbonation the way I like my beers. Not creamy and not syrupy. A crisp Clean fluid.

Overall I think it's a pretty damn good beer, not one I would go look for, but definitly one I would purchase every now and then. Especially where I live in WV as not many places have it - thus I'd probably purchase when I saw it.

Pretty good.

08-15-2013 21:11:59 | More by BottleOfPills
writerLJBerg

Oregon

3.3/5  rDev -13.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

From Westmeister. Thanks!

A: Burnt orange color with a thin, white bubbly head. Decent legs.

N: Pronounced pine and Belgian yeast. Some bubblegum and clove. A hint of banana. Grass and bread.

T: Very, very bready and sweet. Lots of sweetness and very little hop bitterness. This is definitely closer to the Belgian tripel than the DIPA.

M: Medium body. Alcohol is very well hidden.

O: No idea how to properly rate this one. On one hand, there’s little to no hop presence, on the other hand, it’s much closer to the Belgian trippel than many of the other American renditions of the style. So, it loses points with me for the former, but this is actually pretty decent with the latter.

08-09-2013 22:12:31 | More by writerLJBerg
Willytee3

4.26/5  rDev +11.2%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Pours a golden amber with heavy bubble action to a medium tan head. Fades quickly to thick film ring with large floaty bubbles.
Smells of bubble gum and dank banana, some nice yeasty spiciness and candy, a hint of grain and citrus, complex.
Tastes of clove and brown sugar, cinnamon, bread, lemon vanilla on finish. Drying throughout. Alot going on for me almost too much but I really appreciate the style and this one leans more toward the Belgian with a light hoppy character . Not out of balance but also does not come together well.
Medium body.

08-09-2013 05:34:33 | More by Willytee3
buschbeer

3.75/5  rDev -2.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

12 FL. OZ. bottle
Served in a tulip glass

A - It is a hazy amber with golden highlights. It is topped with about an inch of off-white head.

S - I get some spicy Belgian yeast aromas. I also get a little alcohol and citrus.

T - There seems to be more Belgian taste than IPA. Maybe that's why it is a Belgian IPA. I get lots of the Belgian spiciness one comes to expect from Belgian styles. The citrus and bitterness are lagging. I am not complaining about the taste. It is good. It is not in the same vein as say a Raging Bitch which is way hoppier.

M - Moderate and considerably smooth

O - The bottle says that it is a combination of a tripel and an ipa. I think the tripel won. It is a pretty tasty beer. Very different from others in this style.

08-03-2013 01:58:54 | More by buschbeer
Jadjunk

Georgia

3.66/5  rDev -4.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

"Step back in time for this holier-than-thou union of two great brewing traditions that are worlds apart. Kudos to Friar Spike and Little John for marrying a classic Belgian Style Tripel and a new age American Double IPA." Brewed in the style of a Belgian IPA. Monk's Revenge was released as a side project in 2009, and added to the "Monster Beer Tour" Lineup as an annual spring release in 2010.

Poured from a 12 oz. bottle to a Terrapin pint glass. Served north of 52º Fahrenheit.

(Appearance) Pours a creamy cream-white head of a foamy consistency over a mildly hazy amber body with a mild, relaxed carbonation. Retention is slightly above average, lacing is light and thin. It's pretty standard. 3.5

(Smell) Aromas of biscuit malts, spiced bread, a pinch of fruity yeast esters, caramel candy. Balance is mildly sweet. Aroma is low potency. 3.5

(Taste) Bready malts, peppery spices, a touch of cracked grain, fruity esters and a moderate booziness. Notes of orange peel, coriander and white pepper are noticeable. A moderate low alpha hop provides a subtle earthy bitterness. 3.75

(Mouthfeel) Texture is zesty and mildly slick with a mellow creaminess. Carbonation adds some soft zest. Body is medium-high for the style, medium+ overall. Alcohol presence is medium+. The carbonation is a bit undecided, but it's not too bothersome. 3.5

(Overall) This may not be perhaps the finest Monster Tour beer in the Terrapin lineup, but it's pretty flavorful and presents all the characters of a Belgian IPA. A bit of aging may remedy some of the issues of harshness that the "Imperial" side of this beer presents. 3.75

Vertical Tasting Notes:

2012 (1 year, 3 months) Pours a lighter complexion, brighter body and thinner head. Aroma consists of more potent fruity esters, a pronounced peppery spice, and some mild phenols. Flavor has cleaned up a bit, fruity notes of grape, figs and dates are prevalent and the spice is more prevalent, clean and meshes well with the malt profile. Texture is thicker and creamier, less invasive carbonation. This is a pretty enjoyable vintage of this beer, not necessarily better than fresh but just as good.

2011 (2 years, 3 months) Pours a creamy white head, slightly improved retention over 2012 and a body tone more similar to the fresh batch. Aroma is similar to 2012, with a milder potency and cleaner spice. Flavor is equally clean, although it is now drying out. with even creamier carbonation, very soft. Despite the enjoyable texture, I think this beer is a bit past its prime, and the fading flavor reflects that.

Recommended Vintage: Fresh to 1.5 years

Terrapin Beer Company's
Terrapin Monk's Revenge
3.66/5.00

07-25-2013 16:42:40 | More by Jadjunk
TheSevenDuffs

Ontario (Canada)

3.93/5  rDev +2.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

2013 Vintage poured in to tulip.

A - Medium amber with an orange glow around the edges and a thin layer of cream coloured head.

S - Bready and caramel notes with clove, banana, spice and lemon. Not much of an IPA presence comes thorough.

T - Banana, clove, Belgian yeast and a bready/caramel malt sweetness. Some lemony and citric notes.

M - Medium body. Creamy. Dry. Light carbonation.

07-23-2013 01:25:39 | More by TheSevenDuffs
MikeWard

3.74/5  rDev -2.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

A 12oz bottle poured into a standard pint glass. (To lazy to go get a proper glass) 2013 vintage.

Poured a darker orange color. Head was not very thick at all, but did retain somewhat throughout consumming, no mean feat since it took me a while to get through this one. Beginning to think high alcohol content and hot summer weather do not go together for me. But I digress.

Nose was fruit and bubblegum. Did get a whiff of alcohol as well, but only a faint one.

Taste & mouth were interesting, full, lively, leaving a boozy taste in the back of the mouth, which oddly enough did not hang around much. But as I said, was taking my time with this one.

Overall, a good beer, but I think I'm going to need to try another. I enjoy Terrapin beers, especially the Rye and the Big Hoppy Monster, so will give this one another shot when the weather cools down a bit to see if I feel any differently about it.

07-22-2013 19:46:27 | More by MikeWard
thecheapies

3.6/5  rDev -6%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

Brassy red-amber with not much to speak of in the head department. I couldn't get much to form, and I wasn't entirely gentle. There's a translucency to the surface from little foamy bubbles, and a ring matches circumferentially.

The first thing I notice, unfortunately, is a rosewater alcohol presence that spears the nostrils upon whiffing at it. I'm trying to place the meat of the Belgian-style yeast esters and the best I can come up with is a chocolate-covered cherry. But, I mean that not-so-quality milk chocolate that just does the job to make the cordial tasty. There's a reminiscence of stone fruits present, as well. Hops take up a hold with familiar citrus notes of tangy orange and grapefruit and herbal notes, also. Maltiness has a strange roast, albeit, a light one. I'll give Terrapin one thing; no other beer smells much like this one. And, so it is, Monk's Revenge stands alone in that regard.

It's like a Belgian dubbel or dark ale that's been watered down with a half-decent hoppy American Red Ale. More of that cherry cordial note that mixes in with toffee, candi sugar, grapefruit, herbs and sap from a half-dank hop profile, and overripe peach. Toasty and a little gruff, plus the booze still has a foothold. Missing here is that wonderful floral tone of many a good Belgian IPA. Monk's Revenge is holding onto the amber/red IPA too tightly.

Drinks with a medium-to-thin body and a heap of unusable carbonation. Feels a little coarsely rough, and too heady to speak kindly about.

This one's not in the league with the others. I gambled with this four-pack, and I lost a small stack. I don't want to dwell on it, but this beer did not meet my expectations. Just another obvious "miss", even though it ain't half-bad as a bolder and more exotic American Red Ale.

07-15-2013 03:58:38 | More by thecheapies
rangerred

Tennessee

3.79/5  rDev -1%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.75

12oz bottle into a goblet.

Pours a clear medium copper with a thin white head. Some splotchy head retention along with a thin ring around the edge of the glass.

Aroma is quite Belgian-like with clove and banana along with bread. There is some tropical fruit mixed in with that but it is on the light side. Some floral and perfume notes.

Clove and perfume on the taste along with lots of flowers. There is a muted tropical fruit character along with some ethanol. Bread and toast is buried underneath along with a moderate bitterness helping to balance out the sweetness.

Overall, a decent Belgian IPA but it all fees a bit muddy. I would like a little more hop character and less alcohol taste. Nonetheless one to pick up should you come across it.

07-15-2013 01:43:27 | More by rangerred
Darkmagus82

3.73/5  rDev -2.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Served on tap in a 10 oz chalice glass

Appearance – Served a hazy orange colored brew with a one finger white head. The head has a moderate level of retention slowly fading to give a lighter level of lace on the sides of the glass.

Smell – Overall the smell was on the lighter side. Some bready and biscuit aromas created a bulk of the light aroma with a small amount of floral hop. Mixed with these were some aromas of tropical fruit and an orange citrus as well as some smells of a yeasty and spice aroma. The spice was of a nutmeg and coriander smell producing a very , while light, Belgian like aroma.

Taste – The taste is very Belgian triple like in the beginning with just a touch more hop flavor. It begins with a bready and somewhat citrus sweet flavor. There is a good presence of a yeasty and banana flavor upfront that gets even stronger as the taste advances to the middle. Some spice flavors of coriander and nutmeg mixed with a bit of orange peel become more pronounced toward the middle of the taste. Soon however the flavor starts to distance itself from the standard triple once more peppery and hoppy flavors start coming to the tongue more toward the middle to the end. Some bitter grapefruit hop mixed with a floral hop take the taste to its end where a bitter and malty, somewhat drier flavor, is left to linger on the tongue.

Mouthfeel – The body of the beer is on the medium side for the style and for the abv with a carbonation level that is average to just a touch below average. Both were rather appropriate for the style and were a good combination for the citrus, hop, and spice flavors of the brew.

Overall – It starts out very Triple like and then advances to being much more hop bittered. A little more bitter at the end then is quite complementing of the sweeter triple flavors, but interesting and quite drinkable none the less. Not bad and worth a try.

03-13-2013 00:46:49 | More by Darkmagus82
tectactoe

3.71/5  rDev -3.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Pours a golden-yellow color with a weird, amber and copper wave of darkness sifting separately throughout the middle of the beer, providing a huge hazy and cloudy effect. White head plops on top of the brew and leaves a little bit of lacing on its way down. The smell was kind of muted and weak at first; light apple skins, crisp on the nose, very light clove and spice, white grapes, banana, with a hint of that good ol' Belgian yeast strain - although not nearly as powerful and commanding as it would be in an authentic Belgian tripel.

Monk's Revenge is much heavier and more flavorful on the palate than it was in the aroma. Sweet molasses and sugary fruits are the result of a tripel-type malt bill. Sugary and sweet with a solid foundation of spices; clove, coriander, mint, and a light bubblegum flavor from the yeast. The American hop addition adds a bitter bite to the brew - mildly leafy, grassy - a "raw floral" flavor, although the actual hop notes are muted a bit by the large malt structure. Slight rubbing alcohol flavor comes through upon warming, as well. Sweet and bready in the finish with a large dose of carbonation; medium bodied, not quite sticky and not quite dry.

They were aiming for a tripel malt bill with an American hopped IPA bill, right? It was a good attempt, and it's a tasty beer, but the drinkability wasn't too great - I dunno if I could have more than one of these. Sweetness is nice at first, but tiresome by the end. Not bad, but not great.

02-12-2013 15:04:41 | More by tectactoe
RblWthACoz

3.78/5  rDev -1.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

This beer is much more Belgian than IPA. Smooth and sweet with a mild hop tone to things; and I do mean mild. A slight touch of a burn from alcohol, which seems minimal in comparison to the 9.6% abv. Very smooth feel and very easy to drink. Nice brew. American brewers strike again with an excellent interpretation of a Belgian style.

02-10-2013 04:32:29 | More by RblWthACoz
AgentMunky

3.63/5  rDev -5.2%

Poured from a 12 ounce bottle into a BrewDog cervoise glass.

A: Murky-clear straw yellow, effervescent and topped with a finger of tight head. Heavy lacing.

S: Soapy, piney hops. Touch of flowery yeast. Pretty flat and boring.

T: Very interesting! A huge, fruity, alcoholic base offers a foundation for citrusy hops. Unfortunately, this hops underperform. They are bitter, but not flavorful, instead delivering a tart lemony quality and a drying endtaste that mostly overshadows the excellent yeast strain. There is some tropical fruit that may be as much hops as yeast, but the musty-fresh spiciness is the best part of the beer.

M: Great! Crisp, refreshing, and well-carbonated. Balances a big and complicated beer.

O: Interesting, but not exceptionally so. Recommended, but I wish it were more Belgian-y and less IPA-y.

12-21-2012 23:30:44 | More by AgentMunky
Lawl3ss

3.88/5  rDev +1.3%

Lightly chilled 12 oz. bottle into a shaker pint.

Look- Clear amber with two fingers of off-white head, loose bubbles. Good retention, good lacing.

Smell- Rich, strong Belgian aroma backed by caramel and fresh herbal hops. Touch of nectar. Nice.

Taste- Much more aggressive than the aroma, lime on the sip followed some roastier flavors in the background with a trace of burnt caramel. moderately citrusy, overall impression of Mandarin orange. A little bit of funk and it's good to go. Lingering pine, honeyed tea aftertaste.

Mouthfeel- Medium body, light carbonation. Slick, not quite syrupy. Moderately boozy, sharper edge at the finish.

Overall- Well executed but fairly typical for the style- nothing new, surprising, or particularly complex. Worth trying, although a bit on the heavy side, a six pack would last me a while.

12-14-2012 20:03:38 | More by Lawl3ss
micromaniac129

4.23/5  rDev +10.4%

Pours a hazy lazy orange amber color. A lusiously dense white head sits on top with a slow fade, plenty of lacing too. Carboantion is fairly robust helping to prop up the head.

Aroma is slightly hoppy with equal amounts of malts yeast and some light funk.
Hops are fresh smelling and floral.

Tasty with malts hops and yeast. Sweet alcohol kisses the lips.

Prickly and dry with a bitter aftertaste.
My only problem is the high abv. It would prevent me from having to many and this beer screams out for more.

10-27-2012 11:49:17 | More by micromaniac129
dogma46an2

Alabama

appearance was a golden cloud of deliciousness.

aroma was a mix of belgium and california like they had a baby of awesomeness with hay notes citrus notes and pine notes. i felt like i was on the farm in north belgium.

the taste was remarkably similar to the aroma with a rich characteristic of grapefruit and spiciness, with finish of pepper.

mouthfeel was proper with a lingering lace of butter and caramel that laid stayed on te pallet.

overall i thought this was a perfect beer for its style.

10-20-2012 03:24:10 | More by dogma46an2
BhamBeerLover

Huge floral nose. Thought the yeast added a great deal to this brew in terms of both aroma and flavor. Have never had any complaints about this hopped up belgian and hope I never will. Will continue to drink this beer at home and in bars when presented with the (all too rare) opportunity. Thanks Terrapin and keep on truckin'!!!

10-20-2012 02:46:46 | More by BhamBeerLover
Jimmys

2.58/5  rDev -32.6%

12 oz bottle. poured into long stemmed tulip. 2012 vintage.

A: bright orange hue. slightly hazed. head is very slightly off-white. retention isnt that great. some lacing.

S: a syrupy sweetness. this nose has a touch of hops, but it leaves almost as soon as the pour is over. this thing is a sweetness bomb.

T: a little bit of alkalinity in the finish. well even in the start. the syrupy sweetness makes up the bulk and almost the entirety of the palate. a little bitterness, but this one is all tripel over ipa.

M: mild carbonation on a big sweet body.

D: needs a lot of refinement. just a big sweet mess with a touch of metal. hardly any hoppiness in my opinion. pass from a brewery that has a lot of other solid offerings.

10-18-2012 01:14:39 | More by Jimmys
AndyAvalanche

3.93/5  rDev +2.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

12 oz. bottle poured into a Sam Adams Perfect Pint Glass. Liquid is a golden straw yellow color. there is some haze too it. I didn't pour the last little bit into the glass to avoid the sediment. Small white cap, mostly small bubbles and a little frothy. Goes away after a little bit, maybe slightly better than average lacing.

Smell is good, lots of tropical fruits, some hop presence and a little yeasty. I like the hop presence here, but I wish it was just a little stronger. Definitely plenty of citrus based hops, but like I said, not overly strong. Classic Belgian yeast present if that's your thing. Really well blended, smell is probably the best part of the beer.

Taste is a slight step back from the smell. Like many Belgian styles of beer it's bready and has those Belgian banana yeast flavors. Again some faint citrus hops present, pretty much all citrus in the hop flavor. There is a lot of bitterness and virtually no sweetness in my opinion so the balance of flavors is slightly off. Buuut I guess that's not the point in this style. Slightly hints of alcohol in the aftertaste.

Mouthfeel I personally wasn't digging, but I think it was a decent representation of the style. The carbonation level was ok. Light bodied working its way to medium. Fairly aggressive bites and bitterness from the alcohol and probably the hops as well, not completely balanced. Overall seems to be a decent representation of the style. Happy to have tried it, Terrapin knows how to brew a good beer.

10-12-2012 00:45:57 | More by AndyAvalanche