Terrapin Hopsecutioner - Terrapin Beer Company

Terrapin HopsecutionerTerrapin Hopsecutioner

Terrapin Beer Company visit their website
Georgia, United States

(Beer added by: Anthony1 on 11-03-2009)

4.92/5  rDev +28.5%

4.9/5  rDev +27.9%

Yes, you can smell those nice green resin hops that I just love to smell when I crack open an IPA. The smell vaguely reminds me of the Stone IPA. I can tell this is going to be good. Upon the first sip the sweetness of the nice roasted malt hits you up front and then the green apple, citrus, pine hop flavors come into play leaving a long nice bitter dry finish. I love the potent resin like effect some IPA's give. This reminds me of a West Coast IPA actually. You can tell they put some different strains of hops in here too not just one dimensional at all. It also reminds me of the Samuel Adams Latitude 48 which you can take as a good or bad thing but to me I like that beer very much so its a good thing. Very well crafted beer. This is my first Terrapin and now I would like to try all of their product line... that tells you something right there. The thing that sets this apart from the regular East Coast IPA's like Latitude is that it has that potent resin like finish as I said before with a nice hop bite... plus the alcohol is very well masked at 7.3 so this beer will give you a buzz. I actually like this better than some West Coasters and will now hold a spot as one my favorite beers.

4.88/5  rDev +27.4%

This fine beverage got me to enter my first review. I am for the most part a hop-head so of course am familiar with countless ipa's, this one is certainly in the top three in my book. It is a well balanced, dry, fresh hoppy beer (though it doesn't say it is dry hopped) It at worst will not disappoint any ipa drinker. One would never guess it comes from the "south" as it has the west coast taste we fellow hopheads love.

4.85/5  rDev +26.6%

Had this a number of times, and it's one of my favorite IPAs.

Always had it in bottle form, usually poured in a glass. This particular one I poured in a Sam Adams Perfect Pint glass.

Pours a dark gold color with a decent head, but I've seen better on a IPA. The smell is ideal, exactly what I look for out of an IPA. Same for the taste, it is a delicious and intense hoppy flavor that really epitomizes the IPA category to me. It goes down smooth and is very crisp. As far as drinkability goes, this is terrific, especially for an IPA. One of the few IPAs I could drink for an entire night.

4.8/5  rDev +25.3%

The beer looks like apple juice with a one finger white head that leaves some sticky lacing with each gulp.

The aromas of piney and citrusy hops makes for one great smelling beer.

The taste is what sets this beer apart from other IPAs. Hopsecutioner had what I would describe as a tangy bitterness, much like the way a tart grapefruit acts on your taste buds. But the hops are most certainly present, especially with a name like Hopsecutioner.

This beauty had a medium body and was sharp across the palate. With the sharp, hoppy, citrusy flavors this beer brings, it makes it a nearly perfect standard IPA for the spring/summer months for me.

Dare I say my personal favorite IPA?

Terrapin Hopsecutioner from Terrapin Beer Company