Terrapin So Fresh & So Green Green - Terrapin Beer Company

Availability: Fall

Beer added by: mcallister on 08-05-2010

firstprev| 101-125 | 126-150 | 151-175  | next → last
4.65/5  rDev +29.2%

A: Coppery amber in color. Medium size creamy white head about 1/2" thick. Some light lacing. Nothing major.

S: Piney and citrusy. Some sweet breads notes. Really nice and fresh.

T: nice mellow hop character. Hops are up front followed by a smooth bready characteristic. Again really nice.

M: Smooth, refreshing and crisp.

O: Sometimes your not looking for a punch in your face hop character. If your having one of those days this is your beer. Excellent. I'd recommend. (474 characters)

4.17/5  rDev +15.8%

Pours a nice light amber color with a nice little lacing as the head dissipates. Smells of fresh citrus and piney hops. Taste is of fresh pine hops with citrus notes. Not too hoppy, perfect for a ipa begginner, and refreshing for an IPA veteran. Mouthfeel is slightly high in carbonation. Oily residue left on the palate allows you to continually taste the fresh hops. Drinkability is among the highest for IPA's ingredients are perfectly balanced in this one. Terrapin, you are very quickly gaining my respect. (511 characters)

3.21/5  rDev -10.8%

Little darker than I expected. Aroma falls flat for me on this one actually with some alcohol in the nose. With the wet hop variety i don't necessarily expect overpowering hops in the face. Little bit of sweetness would be a good base were there more hops here. There are some pleasant green notes behind this. Mouthfeel is full and could drink a bunch of these but I probably would find something else. (403 characters)

3.9/5  rDev +8.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

22oz bottle poured into Spiegelau IPA glass. Pours a golden honey color with a small fleeting head. Not much lacing. Very enticing citrus aroma. Smooth feel. The scent was deceiving. It made me expect a stronger citrus hop flavor, but hop profile had more pine notes to it. A little bitter and the strength of the hop flavor weakened with each sip. For me, this So Fresh, So Green was just so-so. I like IPAs so enjoyed it, but wouldn't search it out again. (8.0) (Note: affixed to the bottle was a sticker "correcting" the ABV content--6.6% vs the 8.6% on the bottle. First time I've seen that.) (596 characters)

3.2/5  rDev -11.1%

Terrapin's "So Fresh and So Green", on tap @ The Brick Store served into 4oz tasting glass. Poured a darker than gold hue, kinda cloudy, with a small off white 1/2 finger head. Smells of VERY faint hops, slight malts, really not much on the nose here folks. Tastes very weak, very faint hops, not much here either. Overall a very mild IPA, kinda reminds me of Dundee's IPA. I'm really not that accustom to wet hop IPA's, but i truly believe that this is just not a good example of the style. A mediocre IPA at best. Thumbs sideways here. (537 characters)

4.07/5  rDev +13.1%

I had this beer on draught at the J. Clyde in Birmingham, Al.

This beer pours clear amber brown with a thin off-white head that dissipates into tiny 'soap suds' around the rim of the pint glass.

Fresh, wonderful hops consume this beer with aromas of pine and citrus.

The taste has a hopcentric nose with a hempy citrus taste. This is balanced slightly with caramel malt, but the finish is still bitter with notes of fresh bread.

This beer has a light-medium body with good carbonation to accentuate the hoppy bitterness that is the focal point.

With a lower alcohol content, great hoppy, bitter, piny, citrus goodness, and a great body, this beer has very high repeat drinkability.

Overall, this is a solid IPA by the kids at Terrapin. And of course with a name like "So Fresh and So Green, Green," how could anyone not like this beer? Way to go Terrapin crew! (871 characters)

4.64/5  rDev +28.9%

Had on tap the other night at Pinocchio's in Media.

A - Poured a nice light amber color with some decent carbonation. It was poured with a small one finger head, which remained for quite a white. Left a pretty solid lacing on the pint glass as I drank.

S - Amazing!! Such hoppy goodness! Awesome piney hop overload scent. One of the best smelling beers I have had in a while.

T - Almost right up there with the smell, this beer tasted great. The hops practically punch you right in the face, and you will love it!

M - Good solid mouthfeel, the hops give your tounge a nice little tingle.

D - Pretty good drinkability for such an agressive IPA. I was really surprised this beer didn't have better ratings, I thought it was absolutely fantastic. (748 characters)

1.96/5  rDev -45.6%

Bottle bought from Sam's at the pre-WBF party.

A - coppery clear pour. Very small head that dissipates. No lacing to speak of (first warning).

S - Just...bad. For a beer called "So Fresh and So Green Green" it neither smells fresh nor green - very, very little hops in the aroma at all. A little biscuity malt and the faintest whiff of hops. As the score says, I am not impressed.

T - more of the same, but somehow worse. No hops. This beer can't be that old, either for the new batch. Drainpour. It had no hops and very little malt - just watery.

M - eh, it was ok. Carbonation wasn't off or anything.

Overall, just bad. I sincerely hope it was just this bottle. It's gotta be, right? There's no way they'd put out this kind of beer with no hop presence. (760 characters)

2.8/5  rDev -22.2%

Poured from a bottle into a pint glass. I wanted to get my hand on this one when it first came out finally found it just wish I could have had it fresh.

A: Poured a murky amber with a small tan head that dissipated quickly.

S: Little to no Hop smell came through to me, but a lot of maltyness.

T: Taste was the same as smell very little to no Hop flavor. I am hoping this is due to the fact that this was a little on the old side by the time I found it.But the malty flavor that came through was very smooth and tasty.

M: A medium bodied smooth drinking beer that was a little heavy on carbonation.

O: I wish I could have tasted this fresh cause I probably would have tasted a completely different beer, but that is what I get for buying an IPA that was released about 8 months ago. Just couldn't pass up a Terrapin Beer that made reference to Outkast. (857 characters)

3.78/5  rDev +5%

Pour: deep burnt orange. Well constructed tan head breaks down slowly. Light effervescence.

Nose: light malt clean citrus notes as nuance. Little cream.

Mouth: the hops are softer more feminine and impart a 'planty' earthiness that's nice but still a little light for my liking. The hops play well with fruity esters.

Very nice. Terrapin is always trying to step their game up & that's awesome. (397 characters)

3.19/5  rDev -11.4%

Got this fresh-shipped at TW here in Alexandria. 22oz bomber.

A: Reddish, coppery gold, clear. Nice 3-finger off-white head, and yes, lots of lacing on my Bells glass. Good amount of carbonation too.

S: Malts, little hops and little fruit/floral. Malts dominate.

T: Too much resins and pines, not enuff fruitiness. I am NOT into pines and resins, I prefer my crafts to have the sweeter, more grapefruit/citrus hop-style like in Pliny. Anyhow, alot of bitterness on the front of the tongue. Probably due to the British Challenger hop variety, instead of some of the sweeter American hop species.

O: Not something I intend to buy again. A wet-hopped beer, but they wet-hopped it with the wrong hops!! At 6.6% ABV, a sessionable beer. I would like to try this more fresh, like on tap... (787 characters)

2.5/5  rDev -30.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.5

Poured from 22oz bottle into a pint.

Appearance: Very light appearing, much more so than I would have though.

Smell: Really earthy, more like british hops rather than american citrus hops. Not that this is necessarily bad...

Taste: Definitely not overwhelmed with hops like I was hoping.

Mouthfeel: Missing. A severe lack of carbonation and body.

Drinkability: I am usually a huge fan of Terrapin brews, but this one was really disappointing. (448 characters)

3.17/5  rDev -11.9%

2012 Citra Hops
Served in a mug.

A - Clear copper color very little head that dissipated immediately.

S - Strong citrus with a hint of pine

T - Good taste strong citrus hops with a bitter finish, almost too bitter, as you would expect from an IPA very slight hint of alcohol at the end.

M - Light feel slightly flat.

O - Overall a pretty good IPA. Very strong citrus hops which is what Terrapin intended. I felt that the overall flavor could have been better balance. Worth a try. (485 characters)

2.68/5  rDev -25.6%

22oz. Amber pale with not as much hops in the nose as I expected. Taste was, immeadiately, off my expectations as well. Sweeter than I ever want in a 6something% IPA. Way out-of-balance. Where's my huge citrus bite? There's way better Fresh Hop ales out there. (260 characters)

firstprev| 101-125 | 126-150 | 151-175  | next → last