Terrapin Liquid Bliss - Terrapin Beer Company

Terrapin Liquid BlissTerrapin Liquid Bliss

Terrapin Beer Company visit their website
Georgia, United States

American Porter |  6.10% ABV

(Beer added by: TerjUGA on 11-13-2012)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Terrapin Liquid Bliss Alström Bros

ajtorres311, May 01, 2013

kristougher, Aug 18, 2014

Bob402, Dec 18, 2012

meb3476, Jul 23, 2014
3.25/5  rDev -14%

Too much gimmick here for my tastes, was disappointed relative to other Terrapin offerings.
Poured dark brown almost black. Head was thin and dissipated quick
Aroma was wonderful, chocolate and peanut
Taste was the letdown, as I said earlier, the chocolate and nut flavor seemed to fight with the malt
Mouthfeel was full bodied, carbonation seemed light to me
Overall I like porters, but there are better offerings. Drinkable if you like gimmicks

JLSIV, Sep 08, 2014

deonreds, Aug 07, 2013

djrn2, Jan 01, 2013

RolandBlunts, Jul 18, 2014
3.25/5  rDev -14%

Not too overly impressed, even though this brew came highly advised. If you are not a fan of hazelnut... I advise you to make another choice because all I can taste is hazelnut. The only redeeming quality is that there is no lingering taste of any kind. I hate hazelnut... so for me, this was a waste, and at that... a six-pack waste. I will say though, it's not bad enough where I cannot drink the rest.

BaalDagon, Aug 25, 2014

gigoat, Thursday at 01:16 AM
3.31/5  rDev -12.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Appears darkest brown with thin light tan head.

Smells like, you guessed it, peanut butter and chocolate. The pb is more pronounced, and I sense some hops for balance. Candy-like without smelling too artificial.

Taste resembles aroma, with the hops more apparent on the front end. More bittersweet chocolate, especially through the finish.

Mouthfeel is dry and almost chalky. Coupled with the flavor, this one is slow going.

Overall, not a fan. I'm not sure what segment of beer drinkers this is geared toward (I'm guessing those who do not actualy like beer). Still, I get curious, but this one will be the last one. Tick.

qchic, Aug 02, 2014
3.33/5  rDev -11.9%

22 oz bottle into a pint glass.

A - Pours dark brown with a tan head that dissipates quickly. A little bit of lacing. Looks good.

S - I was hoping to smell peanuts and chocolate, but I'm left disappointed. Smells like any other porter. Caramel.

T - Good porter tastes, but once again no real peanut flavors, very very faint chocolate. Caramel, a little bit of alcohol.

M - Feels like I'm drinking a pilsner. Very dry, no "coating" of the mouth.

O - I'm pretty disappointed in this beer. I'm a huge Terrapin fan and this is the first time I haven't loved a new release. I don't see this run being brought back. If you're a big Terrapin fan or porter lover try it's a decent pick up.

Rickenbasser, Dec 03, 2012
3.35/5  rDev -11.4%

kwkdmk, Sep 01, 2014
3.35/5  rDev -11.4%

Poured from a bomber into a pint glass.

Appearance: Mocha black with a lightish tan half finger of head. Decent Lacing down the glass.

Smell: Chocolate and peanuts, almost like a peanut butter cup candy. Some coffee and roasted malts also.

Taste: Nutty, sweet, not much chocolate. Hard to explain but the nut taste is almost artificial and just doesn't taste like a peanut or peanut butter should. Its not bad but not what I expected. Wish that it smelled as good as it tasted.

Mouthfeel: This is where the brew falls short. Very watery, moderate carbonation, but this beer feels so watered down that it just seems like i'm drinking peanut/chocolate flavored carbonated water.

Overall: I'm a big fan of chocolate porters/stouts and when I saw this I just had to try. I really hoped that this brew would be as good as the idea sounds, but was disappointed in the final result. I would not buy again unless the watered down mouth feel was fixed and the recipe was changed so that the peanut butter taste actually tasted like peanut butter.

afluentturtle, Jan 07, 2013
3.38/5  rDev -10.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 3.5

After avoiding the last half-dozen or so Side Projects due to my lack of interest in their styles, I was so excited when I heard that this one, a peanut butter chocolate Porter, would be their next release. I picked up a bottle as soon as it hit my local shop.

22oz bottle poured into a snifter. Drank this one alone. Pours a deep dark impenetrable black with a thin beige head. I can hear this one fizzle and pop away, and before I know it, there isn't a trace of lace left. Underwhelming nose - chocolate, dry husky grains, and a bit of molasses. I expected a bit more potency.

After watching the frothy head dissipate so quickly, I thought this was going to be a bubbly mess. But really, this has such a pleasant creamy feel, and a perfect silky finish. They really nailed the mouth feel on this one. The flavor profile, unfortunately, also leaves me wanting. A good milky chocolate flavor starts this off, but sadly, also holds up the middle, and then closes it out. The PB presence, if any, is faintly noted in the aftertaste. I expected and wished for more PB flavor, but alas, I am let down. They really pulled off the chocolate part of the equation, but fell short on the PB part, which I think intrigued most people into buying this. I can get a chocolate-based Porter any day, so this really isn't anything special.

A decent beer, but it doesn't deliver as advertised.

Onenote81, Dec 18, 2012