Coopers Cave Vienna Lager - Cooper's Cave Ale Company

Availability: Summer

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2003

Reviews by mbrandon2w:
1.76/5  rDev n/a

22 oz, directly from the brewery.
Looked nice on the pour. Good color, brownish gold, and decent head.
Smell seemed slightly off, sort of like steamed vegetables.
Taste was terrible. I could not drink any of this, nor could two of my friends. Tasted like I was drinking the water from a can of corn, mixed with a harsh sort of medicinal flavor.
Down the drain it went. (368 characters)

2.8/5  rDev n/a

Had this brew last evening while out for dinner. Have tried the Cooper Cave brews a few times before with not that much fan fair. Let me say this, this brew is ok, probably one of the better ones I have had from them. The brew pored to a nice golden color with a white head that broke down very quickly and left a trace of lacing. The aroma was nice, malty with a bit of floral type hop characteristics. The taste was pretty good, the malt dominated but with a pretty sharp hop taste that whet well with the food I was having. Also I have noticed that most of the Cooper Cave brews have a weird aftertaste to them, I did not notice it as pronounced with this brew. Over all I enjoyed the brew but one that I normally would not have gotten, my other choices where Bud and Bud light. (781 characters)

Coopers Cave Vienna Lager from Cooper's Cave Ale Company
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.