Cascade C'est Dangue | Cascade Brewing / Raccoon Lodge & Brewpub

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 1
Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

4.1/5  rDev n/a

Brewed with the Wyeast Labs Belgian Ardennes, although Ron, the head brewer, doesn't really consider it a Saison due to the maltiness, calling it a Belgian Golden, about 6.5-6.8%. So I entered it here as a Belgian Pale Ale, 6.7%, as close as BA will accommodate!

Served in a 10 oz. tumbler on draught, C'est Dangue (which I thought he said means 'so what' in French, although babelfish disagrees) is a clear gold with lazy streamers that form a small white that leaves moderate lace.

Smell is soft and sweet, with a bit of wheat sourness, bubblegum esters, and a wildflower honey character as it warmed some and opened up.

Taste is sweet cereals, slightly grainy pils, spicy noble hops, with the maltiness nicely balanced by a mineral crispness. Tasty and easy drinking. I got to talking to Ron after the bartender directed me to him after confessing to not have any information. The ardennes yeast is actually my house homebrew strain, which I immediately recognized, but wasn't sure if he was going for a Saison (in which case it would have been under-attenuated) or something else. I agree with his designation of Belgian Golden, and have to say it was a damn tasty one!

Mouthfeel is very creamy, but with a refreshingly dry, snappy finish.

Drinkability was high for me, this was pretty much in line with my taste for the style, sweeter and floral, but still dry on the finish, with just a hint of pucker from what I assume was some wheat (although I forgot to ask). Keep an eye out for the funked version of this one he's got aging in wine barrels!

Cascade C'est Dangue from Cascade Brewing / Raccoon Lodge & Brewpub
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.