Razberry Wheat - Cascade Brewing / Raccoon Lodge & Brewpub
No picture uploaded.
Have one? Upload it now.
Ratings: 49 | Reviews: 11 | Display Reviews Only:
Reviews by the Alström Bros:
More User Reviews:
4.45/5 rDev +25%
I had the IPA, my GF had this... and I had to jump all over it as it looked so very delicious....
- Lovely cloudy light yellow and raspberry red color... pinkish violet... fluorescent.. and glowing... creamy light head, and a decent amount of lacing... rather light but cloudy..
- Smell is a raspberry fruit wonderland.. really a great smell.. slight sweetness... sugar, light sweet malt... little floral..
- Smooth and light sailing for this one... the taste isn't too sweet which I love, and the flavors are all blended and balanced so well... w/ 3/4 Lb. used for 1 gallon of beer... it certainly seems like the right amount! Light, awesome, and wonderful... a self-reward beer... for a long day of yard work or whatever else..
- Light sweetness, and fruit aftertaste.. makes you want to keep drinking this stuff all day long... better than water.
- Perfect light carbonation, and perfectly refreshing.. one of the best fruity beers I've had.... a must try!
07-13-2009 01:37:28 | More by Docer
2.9/5 rDev -18.5%
A good effort, this brew is dominated by yeast with hints of raspberry. It really comes across as being artificial, the raspberry actually seems to have a medicinal quality. The wheat is not really doing anything either except adding cloudiness to the brew.
A rare miss for these guys. Perhaps I got the dregs from the keg or something. I'll taste again when I can and update.
08-29-2011 23:17:45 | More by cbarrett4
4.72/5 rDev +32.6%
I got this beer at Racoon Lodge in Portland Oregon. This is not a beer drinkers beer. It's a lite seasonal that goes great with fish or a salad. If I had to describe it, I'd call it a fruity beer champagne. It's definitely not for everyone, but I loved it. On a side note, my girlfriend is disgusted by beer, and she didn't make her usual gag face.
07-20-2010 03:16:52 | More by GavleGoat
2.23/5 rDev -37.4%
04AUG12 at the barrel house.
Very disappointed with this one. The server did not warn us this was an overnight sour mash (she later indicated after I said it was too sweet and plain).
Looks like a watered down Rose wine - flat and glassy. Smells of raspberries and sweet alcohol with a slightly rosy character. Fun nose. Flavor is much less fun. Tastes like a golden ale with a bunch of raspberry flavor - not tart, but slightly dry on the finish. Sad beer.
08-07-2012 06:55:34 | More by harrymel
3.95/5 rDev +11%
I had this beer on-tap in my OBF pint glass at Oregon Brewers Festival.
Appearance: beautiful red color with no haze at all, despite the fact that it's a wheat beer. Pretty low level of effervescence, but there's a nice layer of white foam. I just love the color.
Smell: as fruit beers go, this is awesome. It smells like fresh raspberry jam -- the fruit comes through just beautifully here.
Taste: earthy as well as fruity, with a bright and natural raspberry flavor. There's a little bit of wheaty character here, but the real star is the fruit; they did a great job capturing the berry here.
Mouthfeel: light body with low carbonation; not creamy, but rocky and refreshing.
Overall: super tasty and drinkable, especially on a hot day. As fruit beers go, this is one of the best I've had.
07-29-2013 18:38:04 | More by flagmantho
Razberry Wheat from Cascade Brewing / Raccoon Lodge & Brewpub
81 out of 100 based on 49 ratings.