Imperial Wheat IPA - Cascade Brewing / Raccoon Lodge & Brewpub
No picture uploaded.
Have one? Upload it now.
Ratings: 4 | Reviews: 2 | Display Reviews Only:
Reviews by the Alström Bros:
More User Reviews:
3.48/5 rDev -6.7%
look: 4 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4
Growler fill from the raclodge...
- Nice hazy orange/copper brew... fizzy foamy white head... constant thin layer with planetary blotches on top.
- Grainy, earthy, grassy... Iced tea-like... subtle bitter hops.... slight citrus, wheat... all blended and very light... not much scent.
- Smooth wheat, malt, grain, bread... light flavors all around, backed with a finely blend of light citrus and floral hops... slightly bitter... and again... I get the iced-tea flavor.
- Light to medium bodied... slightly cloying...
- Overall super drinkable... though kind of forgettable. Its super smooth, and nice on a hot day... a sneaker of a balanced brew. Balance it certainly has.... but no wow factor.
Serving type: growler
08-23-2010 00:28:53 | More by Docer
3.93/5 rDev +5.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 4 | overall: 4
On tap at Bailey's the other day. It's anyone's guess what style category this beer fits into, but I went with the wheat ale style essentially by default.
The beer pours a golden amber color with excellent head retention and lots of sticky lacing all around. Don't get a whole lot on the nose, just some light banana, clove and black pepper, which gives the impression of some underlying sweetness. In fact this beer is a bit on the sweet side (though not overly so), and I'm not sure I understand the IPA aspect to the name. This beer is pretty smooth without a rough edge anywhere, and I'll be damned if I get any hoppy bitterness in this one. Otherwise, I detect flavors of cherry, vanilla and clove in this flavorful wheat beer. Mouthfeel is medium bodied to full, and the alcohol seemed to be pretty well integrated into the beer and not at all obtrusive. Consequently, drinkability was prettty decent in this beer, and I found it to be pretty enjoyable. Would guess the abv. is likely in the 7 or 8% range, which I thought was plenty for this "imperial" wheat beer.
A bit more IPA flavor would have been interesting, but otherwise, I thought this another solid effort from the folks at Cascade.
Serving type: on-tap
07-21-2010 15:43:21 | More by John_M
Imperial Wheat IPA from Cascade Brewing / Raccoon Lodge & Brewpub
- out of 100 based on 4 ratings.