Cascade Funk II - Cascade Brewing / Raccoon Lodge & Brewpub
No picture uploaded.
Have one? Upload it now.
Ratings: 3 | Reviews: 2 | Display Reviews Only:
Reviews by the Alström Bros:
More User Reviews:
4.03/5 rDev -4.5%
Just there tonight at the barrel poking... an oak barrel of this conditioning wheat pale which was soured.... and at about 5% ABV.
- Not much head or carbonation present on my early pour from the oak... but later pours did show a finger or so of white fluffy head... a light straw yellow and copper brew...
- Grains and wheat present... earthy, tart.. and light...
- Very bright tart touch to a pale wheat... huge sourness, and a tart flare that shows up late after the swallow... light grain, earthy touch of wood, wheat...
- Light bodied, subtle carbonation... wish there had been a bit more... knowing the yeast was pitched into the barrel to stir up carbonation...
- Overall very good.. loved having it from the wood... though undercarbonated, it was still a fantastic treat to have tried this.
09-29-2010 02:38:43 | More by Docer
3.88/5 rDev -8.1%
On cask at the Barrel House -- served in a snifter.
A - looks like apple juice -- golden and translucent. No head or lacing, not unexpected from a cask pour.
S - lots of brett funk, some malt, tart apples, grapes, and, perhaps, a bit of woodiness in there.
T - very sour! Tart apples, pears, oranges, grapes, and a hint of wheat that gets quickly overpowered by the funk. The wheat becomes more noticeable as the glass progresses. A nice, nutty, white wine-like finish.
M - the cask produced little carbonation, though far from flat, but it seemed very suitable for the style. Medium-bodied.
D - one of the most sour sours I've ever had and, yet, it remains very drinkable. Refreshing and complex. I would love a cask of this on my porch in the summer.
10-02-2010 04:59:00 | More by Elendinn
Cascade Funk II from Cascade Brewing / Raccoon Lodge & Brewpub
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.