Follow our progress ...

Awaiting 10 Reviews

Cascade Brewing / Raccoon Lodge & Brewpub
Oregon, United States | website

Style: American IPA

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by beertunes on 02-24-2012

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 1
Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

3.03/5  rDev n/a

I'm not sure if this is the actual name of this beer, but it's what my local had it listed as, if this (or the style) needs correcting or combining, please do so. Served in straight pint glass. Poured a clear, but still semi-hazy (I know, right?) coppery amber color with just a thin cap of off-white head that had pretty good retention and lacing.

The aroma had a slight bit of peatiness in the malt, with some citrus hop scents, and a hop scent that can only be described as "bitter". The tasted good, most aspects were the same as the aroma, mostly earthy malt, some peat, some citrus and a bitter bite on the finish. However in the middle, there was a weird bitiness that I could never quite get a handle on throughout the pint.

The body was kind of a hybrid, thinner than most Scotch ales, fuller than a lot of IPAs, it was OK once you adapted though. Drinkability was OK, but that weird bite in middle kind of wore me out. Overall, a decent beer, worth trying if you see it, but I'm not sure if I'd have more than one at a session.

Scotch IPA from Cascade Brewing / Raccoon Lodge & Brewpub
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.