Bourbon Cherry Imperial Stout - The Beer Company

1 Rating

pDev: 0%
The Beer Company visit their website

American Double / Imperial Stout |  9.50% ABV

Our Imperial Stout aged for 6 months in a whiskey barrel with cherries and vanilla beans.

(Beer added by: HopHead84 on 11-03-2012)
4.43/5  rDev 0%

11/02/2012

On tap at The Beer Company

A: Near black with a deep brown tinge when held to light. An impressive one inch creamy brown head rides the elixir, leaving a thick coating of lacing in its wake.

S: Big whiskey and vanilla notes blend with dark chocolate and a touch of espresso. Nutty toffee accompanies wood, molasses, roasted grains, plum, and dark cherry. Excellent. Whiskey cherry caramel coffee fudge.

T: Blend of espresso, bittersweet dark chocolate, and whiskey. There are light notes of cherry with some vanilla. Wood is present throughout. Roasted grains meet nutty caramel. There's a restrained tartness to the cherry when the beer is very cold, but it subsides when the beer warms to an adequate temperature. A benevolent alcohol presence is evident in the smooth dark chocolate coffee finish.

M: Lower full body with medium carbonation. Sticky, chewy, and smooth mouthfeel with warming on the back end that leaves a lingering numbing sensation on the palate.

Overall: I didn't like the first taster I had but I concluded that the glass smelled like dish soap and it wasn't the beer that I found fault with. I loved the second taster, and I ended up with a pint sized glass in front of me before my session was finished.

HopHead84, Nov 03, 2012
Bourbon Cherry Imperial Stout from The Beer Company
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.