2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Slow Hand - Lucette Brewing Company

Slow Hand
No picture uploaded.

Lucette Brewing Company visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

American Stout |  5.20% ABV

(Beer added by: Greggy on 10-19-2010)
View: Beers (11) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers
Ratings: 22 | Reviews: 5 | Show All Ratings:
solargoat

Wisconsin

3.68/5  rDev -7.1%

My first sample of Lucette @ the stout ale house.

Looked good and dark, light comes through around the edges.
Smelled great, nice and roasty the way I like it, hints of chocolate.
Did not taste as good as it smelled, it felt like something was missing.
The mouthfeel was weak, oddly light bodied for a stout.
Drinkability is a yes, you could easily dump a couple down your throat.

10-27-2010 04:22:59 | More by solargoat
vette2006c5r

Slow hand poured a dark black color, with a decent size head, that did last throughout the beer. The taste was nice and smokey, with a nice bitterness undertone. There was a nice strong flavor, and it wasnt to difficult to drink. Overall this is a nice stout, nothing to fancy with foriegn flavors, you just get a good down to earth stout flavor.

09-17-2011 00:08:54 | More by vette2006c5r
maximum12

4.15/5  rDev +4.8%

Surprised to see this in Minnesota, but there it was, staring at me from the tap lineup at Zest in Eagan, MN. The bartender said it was a stout. OK.

Pours a Proper Stout Black. Nose is a big, creamy shot of roasted & sweet malt, poured into the nose like a wind was blowing from my feet. Very nice.

Slow Hand: I gotta admit, I didn't expect much, what with all the mediocre new breweries beginning to crowd the Minnesota beers scene. What I received on my lips was a stout with a mule's kick of roast, half a Hershey's bar, nuttiness, & warm sweet malt. The mouth on this baby is so smooth, I'd have guessed it to be an oatmeal stout from the slickness. I had to choke back my swigs so the pint would last long enough to pair up with my burger & fries. Tough to do.

This is a beautifully sculpted American Stout; in fact, I'd say this is the best one I've had, ever, that didn't resort to coffee or bourbon or other (most welcome) shenanigans. Lucette: this is wonderful. If I see your taps poking out amongst the bartenders again, I'll be paying you another visit. Excellent. Simply excellent.

02-10-2012 02:12:37 | More by maximum12
Greggy

4.72/5  rDev +19.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

A- Pours pitch black with a nice thick tan head. Ample lace is present.

S- Big dark chocolate, coffee, cream, roastiness and some nuttiness.

T- Extremely smooth creamy chocolate reminiscent of brownies, espresso and a milk chocolate and cream finish.

M- Smooth as silk great creamy, long finish.

D- I enjoy beers on nitro that don't lose there original characteristics. This beer is a great example of that. The nitro adds a fantastic creaminess to the body.

Serving type: nitro-tap

11-02-2011 15:12:13 | More by Greggy
KarlHungus

4.88/5  rDev +23.2%

On tap at Republic in Minneapolis. This beer arrives an opaque black color. The head is an inch and a half of tan foam that recedes slowly into a small firm cap that leaves nice lacing. The aroma is of graham cracker, dark and milk chocolate, and roasted malt. The roasted malt character in the aroma has a depth that reminds me of an imperial stout which is quite impressive considering this is a lighter style stout. The taste like the aroma is full of graham cracker, assorted chocolates, and roasted malt. However, the roasted malt character in the taste isn't quite as full as it is in the aroma, but it still has nice complexity. The mouthfeel is slightly lighter than medium bodied with a velvety texture, and moderate carbonation. Overall, this is one of the best stouts I've ever drank. I can see myself making this beer a staple in my refrigerator as soon as it becomes packaged for off site consumption.

12-20-2011 23:22:30 | More by KarlHungus