Ride Again - Lucette Brewing Company

Ride AgainRide Again

Lucette Brewing Company visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

American Pale Ale (APA) |  5.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BarrytheBear on 06-14-2011)
Reviews by bjohn84:

Bunuelian

07-07-2014 12:02:44 | More by Bunuelian
morimech

3.9/5  rDev -0.8%

Poured from 16oz can. Has a golden color with a two finger head that settles to a thin cap. Moderate amount of spotty lacing is left down the glass.

Relatively straight forward and balanced aroma of citrus hops and bready malt. Smells more of oranges rather then grapefruit. Has a bready malt foundation that I prefer in my pale ales. Slightly more hop forward in flavor than the aroma led on. Orange and orange rind flavor with hints of hay. Slightly bitter finish.

Not a big beer and is nicely carbonated. The best beer I have had from Lucette. Also a pretty good value with a 6-pack of pounders for $10.

06-23-2013 18:28:46 | More by morimech
tone77

3.81/5  rDev -3.1%

Wow, all this drinking and I am just starting to put a dent in this big ass box of beers from woodychandler. Poured from a 16 oz. can. Has a caramel color with a 1/2 inch head. Smell is of citrus and hops. Taste is hoppy, pine, citrus, bitter, tasty and enjoyable. Feels medium bodied in the mouth and overall is a flavorful and quality beer.

09-23-2013 11:18:27 | More by tone77
emerge077

4.24/5  rDev +7.9%

Into a fluted tulip glass it pours a bright saturated orange with slowly rising carbonation. A finger of foam on top, with a halo of delicate lacing in the glass. Swirling rekindles a fine skim across the surface, but the foam fades away fairly quickly with a collar of foam around the edges.

Bright citrusy hop aroma, fresh and green, slightly dank.

Moderate hop bitterness, citrus peel flavors, light pale malt, and a resiny feel that sticks to the teeth. Light bodied and very drinkable. Reminds me of a certain local favorite, Daisy Cutter, though with a more citrus based hop profile. A nice hoppy session ale, on the level of Indeed Day Tripper.

06-09-2013 19:46:16 | More by emerge077

03-26-2014 00:03:31 | More by Canada_Dan
oline73

Maryland

3.9/5  rDev -0.8%

I had this on-tap at Devil's Advocate in Minneapolis. Served in a standard pint glass.

Appearance: Pours a clear amber with a finger of creamy off white head. The head fades to a layer and leaves some lacing on the glass.

Smell: Mild but hoppy. The hops smell a bit green. I'm also getting just a hint of orange peel.

Taste: This beer has a very nice balance to it. Citrus peel hops with a grassy quality along with a nice toasted malt backbone. Slightly bitter finish.

Mouthfeel: Medium body with tingly carbonation and a finish that's a bit dry.

Overall: I liked the balance and the hop profile to this beer. Very easy to drink, I would definitely have another.

10-04-2012 21:22:28 | More by oline73
tbone64

07-03-2014 12:26:00 | More by tbone64
Ri0

4.08/5  rDev +3.8%

poured 16oz can into snifter. Less than a month old since there is a limited supply that makes it to Madison.

A - Dark orange/rust with thick 2.5 finger white head with nice retention. Thick collar and a good amount of lacing.

S - Very well balanced. I get citrus, grapefruit, some orange pith, pine. Sweet bready malt and caramel.

T- It is resiny, with bitter citrus hops, mostly grapefruit. A sweeter bready and caramel malt brings the middle to a balance and it finishes with a pine bite and more grapefruit pith. Very well balanced.

M - Lighter body with a dry finish and good carbonation.

O - This is a very nice APA. And to think it is a six pack of 16oz cans for under $10. Ridiculous!

01-05-2014 20:13:40 | More by Ri0
gatornation

05-05-2013 02:03:42 | More by gatornation
PieOhMy

03-05-2013 22:20:58 | More by PieOhMy
Benish

4.33/5  rDev +10.2%

Poured into snifter glass.

Appearance: beer had a golden reddish orange hue. Completely opaque but not cloudy. Foam was presentable but broke down quickly. Plenty of lacings.

Smell: very tropical and flora aroma. Picked up plenty pineapple.

Taste: very bitter with notes of grapefruit. I anticipated it would be sweet because of the fruity aromas, instead its very earthy, grassy and bitter. Absolutely no malty sweetness shines through; the hops are the centerpiece. It packs that very nice bitter punch while still tasting like an APA, not IPA.

Mouthfeel: very light bodied and crisp.

Overall: this is a beer I could drink everyday. I love how the aroma and flavors contrast each other yet still comes together. Even better, it comes in 16 oz cans and sold in 6 packs for less than ten dollars!

01-03-2014 04:03:43 | More by Benish
danflath

10-09-2013 02:05:45 | More by danflath
FFATS

04-18-2014 07:26:45 | More by FFATS
woodychandler

4.88/5  rDev +24.2%

Big Ups and Major Props to the fine fellows at Riley's Wines of the World in Madison, WI for providing me with a CAN in furtherance of The CANQuest (TM) during my most recnt visit!

From the CAN: "Craft beer, hand crafted"; "Friendly with a Glass"; "Lucette, sweetheart to Paul Bunyan, was at the core of the lumber industry that built Menomenie. Like our beer, her origins are steeped in mystery. One thing remains certain, Lucette's legend has yet to be fully told."; "Misfortune and adversity originate from many places. It's not the source of these missteps that matter, but how one responds to such situations. Misadventures have shaped the ideals and values we abide by. This beer exists today and more than ever remains an image of resilience and empowerment, the foundation of Lucette, existing within us all. [undersigned the four Cofounders]".

I was amused, while a student at Pitt, to hear of a West Virginia phrase, using the verb, "to ride" as in to give one a ride somewhere. I first heard a pretty cheerleader classmate use it with one of our classmates, a buff young man with a Dodge Charger in which he took great pride. "Hey, Mike, would you ride me after class in your car?" At this, all of us perked up and looked over! "Hell yeah, baby! I'd love to ride you!" Her, embarrassed, "No, I meant give me a ride. That's just the way we talk in my hometown. Sorry, Mike, I didn't meant to get your hopes up." Wild laughter ensued.

Hey, Lucette, I'm all set to ride you again, baby! I love your gingham blouse, your wide brown eyes, your ruby lips, your bared midriff, your Daisy Dukes and best of all, your bangin' hairdo (she has bangs). Let's go back amidst the hops bines and see what we're made of!

I pulled her top back with a loud Crack and looked around to see if anyone had heard us. I gave her an inverted Glug and she threw her head back in glee. A massive head soon appeared, dense, tawny and not going down any time soon. Color was an-oh-so-slightly hazy amber (SRM = 13 to 17). I leaned in for a sniff of her scent and was rewarded with an oily, pine-like smell as if she had rubbed fresh hops on herself. Oh my! I drank deeply of her, allowing her voluminous body to fill my mouth, rolling her around on my tongue, feeling her luxurious sensuality as best I could. She was quite tasty, earthy with a pine-like mintiness that put me in mind of digging a hole in a pine forest. She returned my favors with a heavy dose of hops on the finish, leaving me breathless and astounded. Schlitz used to have the advertising tagline: "Just a kiss of the hops." Bump that action, Daddy-O! Lucette was giving me a French Kiss of the hops and I was totally digging her, man. Spent, I luxuriated in the afterglow, fondly fondling her CAN. Now, this is how beer should be!

09-08-2013 20:03:25 | More by woodychandler
seth128

4.85/5  rDev +23.4%

back visiting the folks in wisco. where i live, i ride my bike to russian river brewery. this beer reminds me of lagunitas pale ale which occupies a middle ground between a pale ale and an ipa. very clean. solid beer. I also tasted the rush river ipa style beer and the new glarus no coast pale ale. All beers are excellent! But this one stood out to me in comparison to my spoiled north bay palate.

01-02-2013 05:37:46 | More by seth128