Ride Again - Lucette Brewing Company

Ride AgainRide Again

Lucette Brewing Company visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

American Pale Ale (APA) |  5.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BarrytheBear on 06-14-2011)

nmann08, Jan 05, 2014
4.33/5  rDev +10.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Poured into snifter glass.

Appearance: beer had a golden reddish orange hue. Completely opaque but not cloudy. Foam was presentable but broke down quickly. Plenty of lacings.

Smell: very tropical and flora aroma. Picked up plenty pineapple.

Taste: very bitter with notes of grapefruit. I anticipated it would be sweet because of the fruity aromas, instead its very earthy, grassy and bitter. Absolutely no malty sweetness shines through; the hops are the centerpiece. It packs that very nice bitter punch while still tasting like an APA, not IPA.

Mouthfeel: very light bodied and crisp.

Overall: this is a beer I could drink everyday. I love how the aroma and flavors contrast each other yet still comes together. Even better, it comes in 16 oz cans and sold in 6 packs for less than ten dollars!

Benish, Jan 03, 2014

XmnwildX12, Dec 09, 2013

hoerr, Dec 07, 2013

CWhite, Nov 22, 2013
3.25/5  rDev -17.3%

Hopstout, Nov 19, 2013

Localdrinklax, Nov 18, 2013
4.01/5  rDev +2%

This beer pours a hazy orange color. The head is half an inch in height, and recedes slowly into a nice cap of foam that leaves rings of lacing. The aroma is of grapefruit, tangerine and hibiscus. It is quite pungent. The taste has the same grapefruit and tangerine qualities, but with a significant floral character as well. The mouthfeel is medium bodied with a smooth texture, and lively carbonation. Overall, this is a nice APA that I would happily drink again.

KarlHungus, Nov 10, 2013

slavall, Oct 08, 2013

bigbeers84, Oct 02, 2013
3.81/5  rDev -3.1%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Wow, all this drinking and I am just starting to put a dent in this big ass box of beers from woodychandler. Poured from a 16 oz. can. Has a caramel color with a 1/2 inch head. Smell is of citrus and hops. Taste is hoppy, pine, citrus, bitter, tasty and enjoyable. Feels medium bodied in the mouth and overall is a flavorful and quality beer.

tone77, Sep 23, 2013

GringoKid, Sep 21, 2013

drewfull, Sep 15, 2013
4.88/5  rDev +24.2%

Big Ups and Major Props to the fine fellows at Riley's Wines of the World in Madison, WI for providing me with a CAN in furtherance of The CANQuest (TM) during my most recnt visit!

From the CAN: "Craft beer, hand crafted"; "Friendly with a Glass"; "Lucette, sweetheart to Paul Bunyan, was at the core of the lumber industry that built Menomenie. Like our beer, her origins are steeped in mystery. One thing remains certain, Lucette's legend has yet to be fully told."; "Misfortune and adversity originate from many places. It's not the source of these missteps that matter, but how one responds to such situations. Misadventures have shaped the ideals and values we abide by. This beer exists today and more than ever remains an image of resilience and empowerment, the foundation of Lucette, existing within us all. [undersigned the four Cofounders]".

I was amused, while a student at Pitt, to hear of a West Virginia phrase, using the verb, "to ride" as in to give one a ride somewhere. I first heard a pretty cheerleader classmate use it with one of our classmates, a buff young man with a Dodge Charger in which he took great pride. "Hey, Mike, would you ride me after class in your car?" At this, all of us perked up and looked over! "Hell yeah, baby! I'd love to ride you!" Her, embarrassed, "No, I meant give me a ride. That's just the way we talk in my hometown. Sorry, Mike, I didn't meant to get your hopes up." Wild laughter ensued.

Hey, Lucette, I'm all set to ride you again, baby! I love your gingham blouse, your wide brown eyes, your ruby lips, your bared midriff, your Daisy Dukes and best of all, your bangin' hairdo (she has bangs). Let's go back amidst the hops bines and see what we're made of!

I pulled her top back with a loud Crack and looked around to see if anyone had heard us. I gave her an inverted Glug and she threw her head back in glee. A massive head soon appeared, dense, tawny and not going down any time soon. Color was an-oh-so-slightly hazy amber (SRM = 13 to 17). I leaned in for a sniff of her scent and was rewarded with an oily, pine-like smell as if she had rubbed fresh hops on herself. Oh my! I drank deeply of her, allowing her voluminous body to fill my mouth, rolling her around on my tongue, feeling her luxurious sensuality as best I could. She was quite tasty, earthy with a pine-like mintiness that put me in mind of digging a hole in a pine forest. She returned my favors with a heavy dose of hops on the finish, leaving me breathless and astounded. Schlitz used to have the advertising tagline: "Just a kiss of the hops." Bump that action, Daddy-O! Lucette was giving me a French Kiss of the hops and I was totally digging her, man. Spent, I luxuriated in the afterglow, fondly fondling her CAN. Now, this is how beer should be!

woodychandler, Sep 08, 2013

16 0z pounder pours a cloudy medium amber with decent head and lacing. Nose has plenty of floral and citrus notes, with peaches. Taste of tangerine, pine, and floral hops. Nicely carbonated, medium finish, nicely bittered aftertaste that begs for another sip. Some breweries would probably call this a "session IPA", but not knowing a thing before about this brewery before I tried this beer, I must say I'm impressed. A nicely balanced sessionable hoppy pale ale.

coldriver, Sep 07, 2013

xmorgan, Aug 30, 2013

sparx1100, Aug 25, 2013

heytomcat, Aug 24, 2013
2.75/5  rDev -30%

Fluffmeister, Aug 23, 2013

sacrelicio, Aug 11, 2013

A-Golden coored...nice white head and lacing on glass.

S-Pretty malty on the aroma....nice....toasted caramel...also some nice floral hop notes mix in gently....

T-A balanced APA that drinks real nicely...nice malty front to this but the floral hops really lend a nice touch.

M-Maybe a bit overcarbonated...body seems a bit light in the shorts....

O-If you are rating this I suggest drinking a couple first as this really is growing on me as I type this. I thought this had more hoppiness when I had it on tap about a year ago but I'm getting some tasting hop burps right now so it's not like this is lacking...It's certainly not a hop bomb but I love the balance and drinkability of this...very nice sessionable pale ale

ZAP, Aug 07, 2013