Farmer's Daughter - Lucette Brewing Company

good

Lucette Brewing Company visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

American Blonde Ale |  4.80% ABV

(Beer added by: Greggy on 11-02-2011)
Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

3.75/5  rDev +3.6%

3.48/5  rDev -3.9%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Pale gold color with just over one finger of head that quickly gave way to a thin skim of suds. A few specks of lacing is left down the glass.

A little bit more to the aroma than a typical, boring blond ale. The spices that are added comes through. But there is not much else going on in the aroma.

I wonder how well this beer would go over if it did not have spices added. Seems to be the only thing the flavor has going for it. Tastes like a mild witbier. Mild wheat and bready notes. Bitterness is low.

Light body and not as well carbonated as i would prefer. Would like a more lively feel.

Not the most interesting beer but still has some nice qualities. Pretty good value with the six, 16oz. cans.

3.13/5  rDev -13.5%

This beer comes by way of the creator of the canquest, woodychandler. Poured from a 16 oz. can. Has a golden color with a 1/2 inch head. Smell is of malts, a touch of spice. Taste is light, mild, malts, a bit of spice, easy drinking. Feels light in the mouth and overall I found this to be a mediocre beer.

2.75/5  rDev -24%

4.5/5  rDev +24.3%

2.75/5  rDev -24%

look: 4 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

Pint-sized can:

Pours hazed deep golden. A creamy white head tops it off. Trailing lace sticks.

The smell is of light vague fruitiness, slightly musty yeast, very mild/vague spicing.

The taste is of vague fruitiness (banana?), with sweet honey with black pepper-like spice in the soft finish.

Creamy smooth and refreshing.

Not bad, though not much really stands out. Still, it is light, inoffensive and easy-to-drink, and about better (mostly because of creaminess and the light spicing) than the average blonde ale

3.4/5  rDev -6.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

Here is another example of "it pays to advertise". I recently attended the Great Taste of the Midwest, having missed only 2011 since 2004, and I came upon Lucette B.C. with CANs on display. I inquired if I could have a couple at the end of the fest and they were happy to meet me and promised me some of their CANs. I stupidly forgot to mark their location and so my beer companion and I were rushing around to find them as time ran out. They actually wanted to give me a sixer, but I could not handle the volume so I just took two.

From the CAN: "Craft beer, hand crafted"; "Blonde Ale Brewed with Spices"; "Friendly with a glass"; "Meet Lucette ... Lucette is hand-crafted by guys and brought to life by the artistry of a woman. Don't be offended or embarrassed by her voluptuous curves or stunning assets - she isn't. Lucette is an image or revolution and evolution, much like experiencing a non-macro beer for the first time./And what's more, she is created from the finest ingredients by the hands of our own brewers, at our own brewery, and not by some mysterious brewery far away from 'home'. In other words, she is not fake, diluted, or overproduced - she is 100% Lucette./Enjoy her with friends. Enjoy her with family. Just enjoy the $#!@ out of her 'cause to us Lucette represents two things: A GREAT BEER AND A GOOD TIME. [undersigned by four] Cofounder[s]."

But if this is a Blonde Ale, why is she portrayed as a brunette? Oh well, come to the Woodman, baby! The Crack gave me a good squirt of beer, leading me to wonder about her hidden talents. The Glug was a bit more cooperative, resulting in just over a finger of dense, French Vanilla-colored head with great retention. The color was a bright golden-yellow with just a slight haze in evidence. Nose had a vanilla sweetness along with an odd mustiness, perhaps yeast-driven, perhaps from the spices mentioned on the CAN. Mouthfeel was medium and the taste was mild with an odd mustiness that made me think of saisons more than an ABA. Finish was semi-dry and while it was refreshing, one was probably enough. Color me underwhelmed.

4.24/5  rDev +17.1%

3.86/5  rDev +6.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

I live about 1 mile from the brewery so localy this beer is easy for me to find. Now this is not my favorite beer out there but I've never been upset when I bought one. So if you find yourself somewhere that sells this gem give it a try over your normal choice and who nows maybe it will become your beer of choice.

4.2/5  rDev +16%

A- Pours a nice caramel/golden color with ample frothy white head. Plenty of lace is left as I drink the beer and the thin white cap never completely recedes on the pint.

S- Very clean with a little spice. I get a little bit of fresh hop oil/minerality and a bit of graininess. Again, very clean.

T- Clean and smooth from finish to end. A bit of clean hop oil and minerality. The finish is very creamy and clean.

M- Appropriate carbonation as per style, very smooth and clean.

D- Very easy drinker. This one can please anyone from the Budweiser crowd to the craft beer drinker.

Farmer's Daughter from Lucette Brewing Company