Farmer's Daughter - Lucette Brewing Company

good

Lucette Brewing Company visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

American Blonde Ale |  4.80% ABV

(Beer added by: Greggy on 11-02-2011)
View: Beers (11) |  Events

Doggfish90

03-29-2013 00:03:21 | More by Doggfish90
drpimento

2.74/5  rDev -23.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

I guess it's ok. Poured at a good temperature with aggression for a small, off-white head that soon settled to none and no lace. Color is a clear yellow and some small bubble trails. Aroma is a very mild beery, hint of fruit and malt. Flavor's like nose, a bit more malty and fruity along with some carbonic tang and a tad bitter. Body is good while carbonation a little flat. Finish is like flavor. Fairly forgettable and of average length although there's strangely a little booziness.

03-05-2013 05:53:02 | More by drpimento
KC9LDB

03-03-2013 16:19:20 | More by KC9LDB
ZAP

3.33/5  rDev -7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

A decent enough low ABV sessionable ale. Grainy maltiness accented by a sweeter herbal dimension. I like the flavor but it is a bit unique. Started off our SB party last week with a couple of these and thought I got a light citrus hoppiness but I am not tasting that today....just a lot of grainy notes.

I like the SIX 16 ounce cans this was packaged as. Price was reasonable. I love their pale ale which I get on tap at Groveland but this is a step down from that. Can't wait till the pale ale hits cans. This would be a decent summer picnic beer though....decent not great...

02-10-2013 01:40:00 | More by ZAP
null

3.5/5  rDev -2.2%

12-06-2012 05:01:01 | More by null
zeledonia

2.7/5  rDev -24.6%

Tasted 6 November 2012, reviewed from notes.

Pours a very golden yellow, almost clear, just a little fuzz looking through it. A very thin column of bubbles rising up. One finger of white head, relaxes pretty quickly to a thin cap; no lacing.

Smell is thin and grainy. Can says it's brewed with spices, but I don't pick up any of that, at least when it's relatively cold. Very grainy, almost corny, pale malts, reminiscent of an adjunct beer. Lightly crisp vegetable hops.

Taste is also pretty meh. Super grainy, slightly sweet, corn-like, and slants into a slightly bitter flavor at the end. I get no spices. Has a light bitterness riding on top of the rest of the flavor, which is all super grainy. Very yellow and pulpy, like corn meal or flour, but with a touch of sweetness. Odd. Flavor drops down and picks back up, with the low-level bitterness running across the top of it.

Mouthfeel is fine. Medium-bodied, carbonation could be higher.

A pretty blah beer. Like a dull lager. Sure it's a session beer, but session beers can have flavor, too. This one doesn't have much flavor of any kind. Not my thing.

11-18-2012 20:17:26 | More by zeledonia
morimech

3.48/5  rDev -2.8%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Pale gold color with just over one finger of head that quickly gave way to a thin skim of suds. A few specks of lacing is left down the glass.

A little bit more to the aroma than a typical, boring blond ale. The spices that are added comes through. But there is not much else going on in the aroma.

I wonder how well this beer would go over if it did not have spices added. Seems to be the only thing the flavor has going for it. Tastes like a mild witbier. Mild wheat and bready notes. Bitterness is low.

Light body and not as well carbonated as i would prefer. Would like a more lively feel.

Not the most interesting beer but still has some nice qualities. Pretty good value with the six, 16oz. cans.

11-18-2012 19:37:33 | More by morimech
jera1350

3.83/5  rDev +7%

Golden colored with a thin layer of white suds adorning the top. Some decent lacing also.

Grainy, mildly sweet, light spice.

Very much like the nose, but there is more of a hop spice component along with a honey sweetness. Quite flavorful for a blonde and finishes very clean.

Light-medium body, mildly crisp and very clean on the palate.

I think I would appreciate this beer more if it were 80 degrees or more out right now. For the style, I will say it does have some nice character and separates from the crowed a bit in the flavor department. Good brew.

10-22-2012 23:07:27 | More by jera1350
tone77

3.13/5  rDev -12.6%

This beer comes by way of the creator of the canquest, woodychandler. Poured from a 16 oz. can. Has a golden color with a 1/2 inch head. Smell is of malts, a touch of spice. Taste is light, mild, malts, a bit of spice, easy drinking. Feels light in the mouth and overall I found this to be a mediocre beer.

10-15-2012 20:45:05 | More by tone77

10-04-2012 02:21:17 | More by denimdemon
NilocRellim

09-29-2012 04:09:23 | More by NilocRellim
Mdog

Appearance: Clear gold, good head.

Smell: Wheaty, spicy, yeasty.

Taste: Wheaty, coriander, mild sweetness, semi-dry finish.

Overall: I picked up a six pack over in Wiscoland not knowing what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised. I would describe this as a cross between a Belgian Wit and a grassy pilsner. Not quite as spicy as a wit and not as bold and grassy as a pilsner but a nice blend of the two. An easy drinker for summer.

09-23-2012 15:31:10 | More by Mdog
feloniousmonk

3.33/5  rDev -7%

Lucette The Farmer's Daughter, Craft beer, hand crafted {is that how they do it?}, Blonde Ale Brewed with Spices, 1 pint can, 4.8% ABV., Lucette Brewing Company, Menomenie, WI.

Clear, golden color, thin, soon gone head.

Aroma: clean, fairly simple, some citrus fruit, some spice, a touch creamy.

Hey, if it's a "blonde ale", why is the titular Farmer's daughter in the label illustration a brunette? I like her fine like that, but it just seems a more natural choice to picture here as a blonde.

Anyway! The taste! Here we go!
Wet, soft, smooth, easy drinker. Light body. Faint finish. There's mildness all over here. Very light spice (whatever they are), very light hops. Creamy and sweet. But…not for me. Too far on the side of safe and insipid, although I'm sure it's exactly what they want it to be, and I'm sure it's a heck of a hit, for what it's worth.

Let's read more into the label: "Lucette…Lucette is a hand-crafted by guys and brought to life by the artistry of a woman. Don't be offended or embarrassed by her voluptuous curves of stunning assets--she isn't. Lucette is an image of revolution and evolution, much like experiencing a non-macro beer for the first time.
{Odd choice of phrase, that, for "macro" was coined by the macros themselves to oppose to "Micro."}
Okay, there's more…"And what's more, she is created from the finest ingredients of the hands of our own brewers, at our own brewery, and not by some mysterious brewery far away from "home." In other words, she is not fake, diluted, or overproduced--she is 100% Lucette.
Enjoy her with friends. Enjoy her with family. Just enjoy the $#!@ out of her 'cause to us Lucette represents two things: A GREAT BEER AND A GOOD TIME."

I'm just going to leave that with no comment. Except that I left one thing out. One top of that copy is the phrase "Friendly with a glass", which I suppose means you should pour it into one, but a very odd phrase.

09-15-2012 03:22:59 | More by feloniousmonk
woodychandler

3.4/5  rDev -5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

Here is another example of "it pays to advertise". I recently attended the Great Taste of the Midwest, having missed only 2011 since 2004, and I came upon Lucette B.C. with CANs on display. I inquired if I could have a couple at the end of the fest and they were happy to meet me and promised me some of their CANs. I stupidly forgot to mark their location and so my beer companion and I were rushing around to find them as time ran out. They actually wanted to give me a sixer, but I could not handle the volume so I just took two.

From the CAN: "Craft beer, hand crafted"; "Blonde Ale Brewed with Spices"; "Friendly with a glass"; "Meet Lucette ... Lucette is hand-crafted by guys and brought to life by the artistry of a woman. Don't be offended or embarrassed by her voluptuous curves or stunning assets - she isn't. Lucette is an image or revolution and evolution, much like experiencing a non-macro beer for the first time./And what's more, she is created from the finest ingredients by the hands of our own brewers, at our own brewery, and not by some mysterious brewery far away from 'home'. In other words, she is not fake, diluted, or overproduced - she is 100% Lucette./Enjoy her with friends. Enjoy her with family. Just enjoy the $#!@ out of her 'cause to us Lucette represents two things: A GREAT BEER AND A GOOD TIME. [undersigned by four] Cofounder[s]."

But if this is a Blonde Ale, why is she portrayed as a brunette? Oh well, come to the Woodman, baby! The Crack gave me a good squirt of beer, leading me to wonder about her hidden talents. The Glug was a bit more cooperative, resulting in just over a finger of dense, French Vanilla-colored head with great retention. The color was a bright golden-yellow with just a slight haze in evidence. Nose had a vanilla sweetness along with an odd mustiness, perhaps yeast-driven, perhaps from the spices mentioned on the CAN. Mouthfeel was medium and the taste was mild with an odd mustiness that made me think of saisons more than an ABA. Finish was semi-dry and while it was refreshing, one was probably enough. Color me underwhelmed.

08-22-2012 02:58:26 | More by woodychandler
CWhite

4.5/5  rDev +25.7%

08-21-2012 01:01:58 | More by CWhite
plumcrazyfx

08-20-2012 20:57:36 | More by plumcrazyfx
Psychobillyman

Farmer's Daughter was an awesome party in my mouth upon the very first sip. A very tasty beer, that I would recommend to anybody to try, even people who aren't the biggest beer fans. I really like the cans and hope they will be canning more in the future.

08-20-2012 16:05:28 | More by Psychobillyman
gatornation

08-08-2012 20:58:58 | More by gatornation
WYVYRN527

4.25/5  rDev +18.7%

16-ounce can poured into a pint glass.

A: Pours a brilliant, slightly hazy golden color with a frothy white head that quickly settles. Lacing and head retention are really the only slouches of the appearance.

S: Biscuity malt notes, some honey, along with a touch of coriander and grassy hops.

T: Cracker-like malt with some honey and slightly fruity undertones up front, with very profound coriander notes and a grassy, drying finish.

Notes: Moderate in body, with a very clean mouthfeel. Some breweries get a little carried away with spices, but this one is very well-balanced. I'm really enjoying this beer, and I will seek it out again in the future. Can't wait to see the rest of the lineup in cans!

08-05-2012 21:57:18 | More by WYVYRN527