1. Extreme Beer Fest tickets go on sale Sat, Sep 27 @ Noon EDT.

2x4 Quadruple Pale Ale - Thai Me Up / Melvin Brewing

2x4 Quadruple Pale Ale
No picture uploaded.

Thai Me Up / Melvin Brewing visit their website
Wyoming, United States

Big big DIPA, this behemoth is loaded with Columbus, Centennial, Citra, Simcoe and some other secret hops for a well balanced 2x4 to the face. With an F.G of 23 and an SRM of 4-6, this beer is a heavy hitter, but doesn't have the super maltiness of most other DIPA's.

100+ IBU

(Beer added by: Bitterbill on 10-19-2010)
« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »
Reviews by Siriusfisherman:
4.76/5  rDev +3.5%
look: 4 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

L: Hazy yellow with a white creamy head that dissipates quickly. Lacing is good.

A: Huge citrusy/fruity hop notes, tropical, and some spicy/dank character. Not much in the way of malt character, maybe a touch of some neutral breadiness. The hops blast through everything. The hop character in the aroma is amazingly balanced and complex, the best smelling beer I have ever encountered.

T/M: The taste is similar to the aroma, with a big bitterness upfront, and a smooth progression into some intense and complex fruity/citrus hops. The malt adds a little breadiness, and helps in balancing the beer out, although this thing as all about hop flavor. The mouthfeel is light for the strength and does not get that resiny caramel malt character that some DIPAs get.

Overall, this is an incredible DIPA, I wish I could have it on a regular basis. The hops are explosive, complex, and balanced, the malt provides excellent support without ever becoming to sweet or invasive, and the bitterness is big and smooth. I can't imagine IPAs getting any better than this.

Siriusfisherman, Jul 11, 2013

My first ever beer review. Which is appropriate because this is the beer I've been waiting my whole life for. Smells like God just walked by. Tastes like tortured love. Punches like an innocent being dragged off to a life in the slammer. Hops? I guess it's hoppy. If by Hoppy you mean Holy Shi*t I can't believe this is in my mouth right now. The word BOOYAH was created to describe this beer. Run, don't walk, to Jackson Hole. Buy me some extra while you're there!

moaner, Dec 15, 2013

dmourati, Feb 15, 2013
4.78/5  rDev +3.9%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

Served in a shaker pint on tap

A - Mostly clear pale straw with a 1 finger eggshell head with good froathy head retention and moderate lacing

S - Strong tropical and citrus fruits with a big emphasis on mango, grapefruit, apricots.

T - A nice balance of mild bitteness, touch of alcohol, and big tropical fruit notes with a suprising large malt presence. Most DIPA utilize yeast that process all the fermentable sugars to let the hops shine, but this beers seems to showcase the hops well while still staying pretty sweet. Despite the sweetness very palatable, I could drink this all day!

M - Light body, moderate carbonation, alcholol is ridiculously well hidden, I almost doubt the near 10% rating they have on this one.

O - Freaking amazing. One of the brewers was kind enough to chat it up with me and gave me a mini tour. Mad props, can't wait to come back to see their progress. Drink this beer and everything they have as you won't be dissappointed.

williamjbauer, Sep 11, 2013

elkinbrown, May 19, 2014

kdown, Jun 09, 2014

outoffocus, Dec 24, 2012
4.91/5  rDev +6.7%

This was my beer oasis. Locally, Jackson has some good breweries, but this beer blew me away. Heady Topper clone all the way, but my god, did they hit it on the nose!!!! Unreal DIPA goodness. If available, I would buy no other beer locally. If you are ever lucky enough to visit Jackson Hole Wyoming, this needs to be your first stop, before you go to your hotel or hit the mountain... stop here first and drink a 2X4!!!! Not only was this beer a flavor explosion, but the brew master and locals where top notch people. Yes, my 3 Floyds shirt did get me some street credit and a tour, but these guys are just the finest people you will meet. Thai Me Up and 2x4 are hidden treasures I will not soon forget! I have only tasted a beer this good once before and it came from that famous silver can! This beer is one for the angels!!!!

VitoFerrante, Jun 22, 2013

chippo33, Apr 03, 2014

Hazy, but refractive, amber pour with one finger of rapidly diminishing head.

Juicy, remarkably complex aromas and flavors, featuring pine needles, grapefruit, mandarin orange, tangerine, peach, pineapple, apricot, and mango. Powdery texture that is neither too thick, nor too thin. This really wraps itself around the taste buds, and digs in for an incredibly lengthy finish, while somehow managing to also be very soft and gentle on the palate, as paradoxical as that may sound.

This is, without doubt, my new favorite DIPA.

Impfan, Dec 21, 2013

ung, Aug 03, 2013

ComRock12, May 31, 2013
4.25/5  rDev -7.6%

belgbeerdrinker, Oct 10, 2013
4.34/5  rDev -5.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Good stuff out of Jackson Hole, Wyoming. This is a solid DIPA, that is easy to drink and can easily hold it's own against many of the other DIPAs out there. I would say this brew is in the top quarter of exceptional DIPAs.

A-attractive in her own right
T-Clean, unique, and complex character
M-I wouldn't deny her access in the future
O-I would definitely date her again

This brew doesn't fail to impress.

mabermud, Apr 16, 2014

eawolff99, Aug 03, 2013

IDABEERGUY, Sep 03, 2014
3.75/5  rDev -18.5%

CB2maltygoodness, Aug 09, 2013

Cazlo, Sep 15, 2013
4.61/5  rDev +0.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

A-This "Quadruple Pale Ale" pours a relatively clear, soft orange hue. Head swells up and slowly exhales leaving lacing rings.

S-A symphony of luscious hoppy notes. Macerated tropical fruits and a full glass of grapefruit juice. Very impressed with the level of hoppiness in the nose. There is also a clear, thick maltiness that was of sweet bread and biscuit.

T-This was so interesting because at first sip I wasn't enamored all too much. Every sip after, I loved it more and more. The girth of the malt was at first too much, I thought. Then I noticed how well the hops and malt worked with one another. Big on both ends, with a huge, pressing tropical and citrusy hoppiness. It's honeyed sweetness complemented the aggressive hoppiness in a magnificent fashion. Unique, and although it took me a while to warm up to it, I ended up loving the flavor.

M-Big bodied. A bit creamy. Very bitter. Aftertaste lasts for days. Alcohol well hidden. Softer carbonation. Resiny.

O-Boy did this one grow on me. By the end of my glass I realized that it was one of the better beers I have had in quite some time. I was mostly unaware of this beer. Another brew I will probably never try again. Still very happy to try it at least once!

VelvetExtract, Apr 03, 2014
4.51/5  rDev -2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

Served in a 12 oz mug.

A: Dim lighting at the bar. Clear, dull orange with a little bit of lacing. Not much retention.

S: Holy hell. Huge tropical fruit notes. Just a juicy hop bomb.

T: Yup, hop bomb. Pineapples thrown around in my mouth. Huge beer at 10.5%, but they pull it off without a huge malt backbone. Normally beers of this ABV are much more malty. This is not. Dry as hell. A little heat from the alcohol but in no way is it unpleasant.

M: Good carbonation.

O: I was looking forward to trying this beer and it did not disappoint. Jackson, WY has a lot of special things going on.

hoppytobehere, Jun 10, 2014