2x4 Quadruple Pale Ale - Thai Me Up / Melvin Brewing

2x4 Quadruple Pale Ale
No picture uploaded.

Thai Me Up / Melvin Brewing visit their website
Wyoming, United States

Big big DIPA, this behemoth is loaded with Columbus, Centennial, Citra, Simcoe and some other secret hops for a well balanced 2x4 to the face. With an F.G of 23 and an SRM of 4-6, this beer is a heavy hitter, but doesn't have the super maltiness of most other DIPA's.

100+ IBU

(Beer added by: Bitterbill on 10-19-2010)
« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »
Reviews by williamjbauer:
4.78/5  rDev +4.1%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

Served in a shaker pint on tap

A - Mostly clear pale straw with a 1 finger eggshell head with good froathy head retention and moderate lacing

S - Strong tropical and citrus fruits with a big emphasis on mango, grapefruit, apricots.

T - A nice balance of mild bitteness, touch of alcohol, and big tropical fruit notes with a suprising large malt presence. Most DIPA utilize yeast that process all the fermentable sugars to let the hops shine, but this beers seems to showcase the hops well while still staying pretty sweet. Despite the sweetness very palatable, I could drink this all day!

M - Light body, moderate carbonation, alcholol is ridiculously well hidden, I almost doubt the near 10% rating they have on this one.

O - Freaking amazing. One of the brewers was kind enough to chat it up with me and gave me a mini tour. Mad props, can't wait to come back to see their progress. Drink this beer and everything they have as you won't be dissappointed.

My first ever beer review. Which is appropriate because this is the beer I've been waiting my whole life for. Smells like God just walked by. Tastes like tortured love. Punches like an innocent being dragged off to a life in the slammer. Hops? I guess it's hoppy. If by Hoppy you mean Holy Shi*t I can't believe this is in my mouth right now. The word BOOYAH was created to describe this beer. Run, don't walk, to Jackson Hole. Buy me some extra while you're there!

4.91/5  rDev +7%

This was my beer oasis. Locally, Jackson has some good breweries, but this beer blew me away. Heady Topper clone all the way, but my god, did they hit it on the nose!!!! Unreal DIPA goodness. If available, I would buy no other beer locally. If you are ever lucky enough to visit Jackson Hole Wyoming, this needs to be your first stop, before you go to your hotel or hit the mountain... stop here first and drink a 2X4!!!! Not only was this beer a flavor explosion, but the brew master and locals where top notch people. Yes, my 3 Floyds shirt did get me some street credit and a tour, but these guys are just the finest people you will meet. Thai Me Up and 2x4 are hidden treasures I will not soon forget! I have only tasted a beer this good once before and it came from that famous silver can! This beer is one for the angels!!!!

Hazy, but refractive, amber pour with one finger of rapidly diminishing head.

Juicy, remarkably complex aromas and flavors, featuring pine needles, grapefruit, mandarin orange, tangerine, peach, pineapple, apricot, and mango. Powdery texture that is neither too thick, nor too thin. This really wraps itself around the taste buds, and digs in for an incredibly lengthy finish, while somehow managing to also be very soft and gentle on the palate, as paradoxical as that may sound.

This is, without doubt, my new favorite DIPA.

4.8/5  rDev +4.6%

4.25/5  rDev -7.4%

4.34/5  rDev -5.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Good stuff out of Jackson Hole, Wyoming. This is a solid DIPA, that is easy to drink and can easily hold it's own against many of the other DIPAs out there. I would say this brew is in the top quarter of exceptional DIPAs.

A-attractive in her own right
T-Clean, unique, and complex character
M-I wouldn't deny her access in the future
O-I would definitely date her again

This brew doesn't fail to impress.

« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »