Blonde Hunny Ale - Wild Wolf Brewing Company

Blonde Hunny AleBlonde Hunny Ale

Wild Wolf Brewing Company visit their website
Virginia, United States

Belgian Pale Ale |  6.80% ABV

(Beer added by: Jadjunk on 08-02-2012)
Reviews by ChadA83:

03-24-2014 16:32:07 | More by bdtva
cosmo332

4.66/5  rDev +35.1%

Serving Can - poured into a perfect pint glass

A: pours a hazy, bright, golden yellow. Almost glow with sunlight behind it.

S: wheat, citrus, light malt. Overall pleasant aroma.

T: starts slightly sweet with a peppery spicy finish. Nice balance of lemon, honey and spice. Dangerously drinkable.

M: A little thin considering the ABV but still solid enough.

O: A really uniquely refreshing beer. Great summertime staple that goes down smooth and packs a punch.

05-19-2014 18:54:48 | More by cosmo332
Links41

07-25-2014 02:06:58 | More by Links41
tone77

3.19/5  rDev -7.5%

Yep, that's right. Another beer from the bodacious woodychandler. Poured from a 12 oz. can. Has a cloudy yellowish color with a small head. Smell, is very mild, light fruits, not getting very much here. Taste is lemony, some yeast, a touch of spice. Feels medium bodied in the mouth and overall is a mediocre beer.

05-15-2014 12:39:07 | More by tone77
n2185

08-11-2014 23:46:02 | More by n2185
wollefdoogylloj

05-18-2014 01:56:40 | More by wollefdoogylloj
HannibalLector

4.75/5  rDev +37.7%

The reviews for this particular beer seem to remind me of a bunch of guys who took up drinking beer because it was the cool thing to do, and now they feel obligated to drink one and write a snooty beer review. Well let me set the record for those of you wondering about buying this seemingly mysterious canned beer. Its great! Some of us were not priviledged enough to have champagne flowing from our urinals when we were young and learned what a nice cold canned beer meant on a hot summers day. Some of the guys on here remember those filfthy canned beers chillded to ice cold temperatures on that hot summer day. This is a canned beer you would have wished you were ripping into at the end of that hard working day in the sunshine! Now some of you acornless fools who get on here and massage your tulip folds would disagree, but you know that you drink beer for a sport. Some of us drink it because it is the pot of gold at the end of the hard trotted rainbow road. We just hope whats in the pot helps us to forget the days troubles. Blonde Hunny is what a working man desires! In both ways (human and spirit).

First off I could do the "5 step" douche review we currently seem to look to on here, but hey you just get desensitized over time to being in a douchebag world. This review if for those guys who like to wear t-shirts and dont need the button down kind of review. If you like to drink canned beer after being out in the sun all day, you cant go wrong here. Also if this review doesnt make it to print, censorship is alive an well. If this review does make it to print, freedom still may have a chance. Either way drink this beer and know there are some things in the world that are right. Plus honey is good for about everything known to man! Get your medicine men!

07-08-2014 02:08:19 | More by HannibalLector
JasonTaverner

01-17-2014 22:02:03 | More by JasonTaverner
obywan59

3.74/5  rDev +8.4%

Hazy yellow orange in color with a 2 1/2 finger white head that recedes rather quickly leaving only token lacing, a light film on the surface, and a ring around the glass.

Sweet and herbal with some lemony Belgian spice. Rich, spicy and fresh.

Peppery tart on the tongue. The sweetness of the malts punches through on the swallow, followed closely and briefly by some light biter hops. Follow through is a lasting lemony tartness. Very nice! I really like this.

Feel is peppery and medium full with a pleasant light syrupy coating in the mouth. Warming. Substantial body.

Much better than I had feared. Taste, aroma, and feel were quite pleasing. A bit of cloy at the very first, but it settled down almost immediately. Rather easy to drink considering it's ABV and body. I really enjoyed it. I have the WW Dry Stout as well. I drank this first because it got the worst reviews, so hopefully I'll have a similar experience with the Stout. This is my 3rd Wild Wolf, and so far, they haven't let me down.

02-04-2014 03:38:03 | More by obywan59

2.5/5  rDev -27.5%

08-01-2013 15:16:05 | More by ygtbsm94
woodychandler

3.5/5  rDev +1.4%

The CANQuest ™ CANtinues to pick up speed as I CANtinue to roll through some of my back inventory. This one came north in a trade, but lacked an approved pic, so I had to wait for that to happen before I could bring myself to lay hands on her, er, it.

From the CAN: “Belgian style Blonde Ale brewed with honey and spices”; “Howling Good Beer”; “Am unfiltered Belgian style Blonde Ale with wheat and a lot of honey in every pour. We have also added a special spice blend to give it an added kick. Smooth and refreshing, this beer is straw yellow in color with a slight sweetness in the middle and an estery finish characteristic of the best Belgian beers. If the yeast has settled, swirl before you pour.”

I love that they are encouraging me to swirl this Blonde around! My Hunny, #TheOldLady, does not dig what she perceives as my mishandling of beers, especially ones in CANs, but I find that an inverted Glug works for me.

I swirled the Blonde Hunny around, I Crack!ed her open, I turned her upside down so that she could Glug as much as she liked and she still only gave me a little bit of head! Story of my life. Really, though, the brief finger of foamy, bone-white head quickly fell to wisps. Color was a cloudy Yellow-Gold (SRM = 4 - 5), so at least the swirl roused her up. Nose smelled kind of like the Saisons of the past couple of days. I was getting black pepper or coriander, a light honey sweetness, soft fruitiness and even a little mustiness. Hmmm. Mouthfeel was medium. The taste was definitely of honey, very sweet on the tongue initially, and then I got a light spiciness behind it. I am not a style maven, but they seemed to be playing fast and loose with a Belgian Blonde. Finish straddled between semi-sweet and semi-dry as the honey lent it an inherent sweetness, but the spices were working to dry it out. Not bad, but one Blonde, Begian or not, at a time for me in my advancing age.

08-19-2014 15:59:38 | More by woodychandler
Mattyb79

05-26-2014 18:57:46 | More by Mattyb79
PGVG

04-20-2013 23:55:36 | More by PGVG
Sonnymon

4.93/5  rDev +42.9%

This is one of my favorite Virginia craft beers. The flavor is full and robust, leaving no doubts. A delicious honey taste permeates throughout. When I first tried this beer it really took me off my feet. A beer like this is why you drink craft beers. Excellent work Wild Wolf Brewing Company!

03-31-2014 17:59:23 | More by Sonnymon
ZachKelly

09-01-2013 01:23:47 | More by ZachKelly
JayQue

3.54/5  rDev +2.6%

Nice, light summertime beer, Poured from the can into my Grape and Gourmet store tulip glass. Good light honey/amber color with a good size white head. Average lacing and retention.

Aroma is fairly mild but you can pick up the honey, wheat and some lemon. Pleasant.

Taste includes some sweetness from the honey, a little bite from the wheat and some Belgian yeast and lemon. Flavor is not that intense, but fine for a summer refreshment.

Mouthfeel is light and tart, Alcohol presence is not noticible.

A tasty thirst quencher, I would drink this one again.

05-12-2014 20:30:07 | More by JayQue