Odo - Le Brewery

good

Le Brewery visit their website
France

Milk / Sweet Stout |  6.60% ABV

(Beer added by: mdagnew on 09-21-2012)
Reviews by Rizalini:
Rizalini

Nevada

3.85/5  rDev +3.8%

Poured from a corked & caged bomber into my Deschutes tulip...

A - Pours a very dark brown color, almost black with a thin 1 finger light brown head.

S - Smells of milk chocolate and dark roasted malts. On a second, bigger whiff I get a note of dark fruits.

T/M - The taste is very roasty. Starts with the dark roasted malts, then evolves into an oakey kinda woodsey flavor, and finishes slightly bitter like cocoa powder. The mouthfeel is very smooth and silky, but on the downside it is a little watery.

O - A very good milk stout. I refrain from calling it a sweet/milk stout cause it's really not sweet at all. The malt character is very robust with dark roasted malts, and some chocolate malts. For me tho, the great smell doesn't transfer over to the taste very well. It's a good beer, not great. I probably wouldn't buy this again, if nothing else but because the bomber was $11.

04-25-2013 01:59:20 | More by Rizalini
acurtis

04-19-2014 00:29:28 | More by acurtis
iong516

09-05-2013 22:19:10 | More by iong516
mj81

02-07-2014 10:21:00 | More by mj81
mdagnew

United Kingdom (Northern Ireland)

4.23/5  rDev +14%

330ml bottle bought from The Vineyard, Belfast

Poured a deep dark brown / almost black colour. Mocha brown head poured pretty thick, foamy and meringue like then faded to light covering with thick edging... some light lines of lacing ring the glass...

Aroma - Toasted bread and lightly roasted malts, some dark brown sugar sweetness, roasted nuttiness, some blackcurrant, raisin and black grape fruitiness, very light oatiness, some faint smokiness coming through, leathery hints...

Taste - Nice lightly roasted chocolate notes, toasted malt loaf, caramel and molasses sweetness, again some dark berry fruits, light nutmeg traces, quite a lot of sweet nutty hints, some pepperiness...

Feel - Smooth initially then a little sharpness comes through... medium bodied... pretty quaffable at 6.6% - the alcohol is very well hidden

Overall - A very enjoyable milk stout - might be a touch too sweet for some but definitely recommended...

09-21-2012 08:16:50 | More by mdagnew
Tone

Missouri

3.79/5  rDev +2.2%

Pours a black color. 1 inch head of a tan color. Great retention and great lacing. Smells of hops, sweet malt, slight roasted malt, hint of alcohol, pine, and slight yeast. Fits the style of a Milk / Sweet Stout. Mouth feel is sharp and crisp, with a low carbonation level. Tastes of roasted malt, sweet malt, hops, slight alcohol, pine, hint of yeast, and a hint of biscuit. Overall, great appearance, good aroma, and good body. It is a little more hoppy and roasted than usual, but still very good.

10-20-2013 13:21:46 | More by Tone
karengarys

Indiana

3.01/5  rDev -18.9%

Slow poured from this corked bomber, little head, dissipated to nothing fairly soon. I expect that, though, I like to pour slower than one should.

Smell a little faint - I'm not sure what I'm getting here - molassis, wet previously burnt wood and alcohol. A bit strange, but not overpowering at all. There is some sweetness, toffee maybe, that is most prominent.

Taste is a little wierd for a milk stout, a little alcoholey, cocoa, more smoke or that burnt wood stuff I guess. I don't know why I'm saying that, it doesn't make sense, but, well, that's what it is. To me. Maybe I'm off today. ...or always!...

Okay, the mouthfeel. This, to me, is making it difficult to assess the rest. It's watery and limp. Going flat fast.

Overall, I'd say skip this one. I don't say that often. Usually I'll say "it's not my style, but if you see it.." - well, milk stouts are my style, and this one is not fessing up to its style. I've got a friend that I owe a favor, and I'm paying him back in beer. Almost anything goes, I'm picking things I think he would enjoy. Milk stouts are top of that list. ....um, I will NOT be offering up this one, it just doesn't cut it, not even as a give-away "hey try this" bottle.

05-19-2014 23:25:06 | More by karengarys
RblWthACoz

3.95/5  rDev +6.5%

Nice stout. Accents of roasted malts on a very nice appropriately thick body. I’ll be honest that it doesn't really strike me so much as a milk stout. Seems a hybrid of milk stout and a standard American styled stout. No matter. Very easy to drink and pleasant at that.

01-10-2014 18:58:47 | More by RblWthACoz