Rampant Lion - Little Mountain Brewing Company

No picture uploaded.

Little Mountain Brewing Company visit their website
Ohio, United States

Scottish Ale |  ABV ?

(Beer added by: WoodBrew on 01-22-2012)
Reviews by WoodBrew:
4.03/5  rDev -3.8%

The Rampant Lion was my favorite of the six that were available to try. The beer poured a nice dark clear amber with good off-white head that laced nicely. The smell included a nice sweet malt with subtle hint of alcohol. The taste was more of the same as the smell good malt with tinge of alcohol. The mouthfeel was a nice medium body with good carbontation. Overall....its the pick of this litter! Nice job!

WoodBrew, Jan 22, 2012
3.79/5  rDev -9.5%

This brew pub is but 2.3 miles from my house yet yesterday was the first time I stopped in. I will do a separate place review, but in general it's nice and the food is great bar food.

Rampant Lion was the first one I tried at Little Mountain. The style isn't necessarily a good choice for a first beer of the evening, but I was in the mood for a nasty Scottish. In general, it was disappointing. It was more of a cub than a rampant lion.

The ale was served fairly warm, which I prefer, and it certainly was warm enough to show the true taste. The brew was brown and mostly flat, with no head. It had a boozy fruit aroma that became skunky after a while.

The taste was malty but well balanced. It did not have that dark bitter taste I expect from the style yet I warmed up to it as I finished my pint. Based on this sample, I will avoid this in the future.

schoolboy, Sep 20, 2014
4.75/5  rDev +13.4%

mheidenr44026, Apr 30, 2013
Rampant Lion from Little Mountain Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.