Evil Twin Disco Beer - Evil Twin Brewing

Evil Twin Disco BeerEvil Twin Disco Beer

Evil Twin Brewing visit their website
Denmark

Disco Beer is a vinous IPA thoughtfully blended with 10 % Chardonnay white wine. This Champagne of beer is a real party starter, no more shy beer geek. Drink it and you will own the dance floor.

(Beer added by: rfgetz on 04-22-2011)
nrbw23

2.33/5  rDev -40.4%

A- Pours a hazy dark amberish orange color with a huge head of foam. Foam had great retention and left some layered lacing. This brew looks nothing like a DIPA thus far.

S- Quite a bit of wood, wine, a bit of sweeter malts and a touch of spicy hops. Very odd so far.

T- The oddness continues into the taste. I'm picking up quite a bit of sweetness. Quite a bit of a bready type malt. Followed up by some spice from the hops. Then there was a really odd taste. Apparently that was the wine and oak coming through. I had no idea and couldn't put my finger on it until I read the description of this beer on this site.

M- Medium in body and quite a bit of carbonation here.

O- Very different for sure and I'm glad I tried this one, but I'm just not really digging this one.

11-18-2011 08:46:56 | More by nrbw23

DudMan

01-27-2013 21:48:15 | More by DudMan
wordemupg

330ml bottle poured into tulip 13/9/12

A umm, hmmm, there's a little foam with this one, oh no wait that little bits the liquid, seriously though I'm having issues getting this one in my glass. Nearly a glass of light tan foam with some murky dark amber liquid sitting at the bottom, very soapy head and a few patches of lace

S earthy woody vinous notes are strong and I get some faint fruit cake here and there, baking apples and baked pear I'm not sure If I should drink this or eat it for desert. floral and citric hops come out here and there but I'd never think this was a DIPA if tasted blind

T more of the same really but has some caramel to drizzle over my desert and a little funk, not bad but not I'm not really sure why you would age a DIPA in Chard casks, I'm drinking it easily enough but its not all that close to a DIPA

M its overly foamy, I don't even really get a chance to feel the weight before it turns too foam, no heat is impressive for 10.5% but the stuff just turns to air in the mouth

O a strange brew too say the least, it just falls short of what I was hoping for, perhaps I'm just disappointed because I was expecting a hop bomb

I'm not sure if the little bit of funk I could taste was intended, perhaps the onset of an infection? I wouldn't drop the money on this one again and perhaps if Ihad read the label I wouldn't have bought it in the first place. Not the best first impression but still quite drinkable for the strength, I just broke the bank on Evil Twin and I hope the other I grabbed are worth the price tag.

09-13-2012 23:51:19 | More by wordemupg
durlta

Iowa

10-19-2012 23:40:02 | More by durlta
jrallen34

3.18/5  rDev -18.7%

a huge light tan head that rises three quarters of the glass, great retention and lace, a dark cloudy orange, a bit of wait but looks good... subdued light smooth hops, a little sweet oak but its the only vinous note I get... this is one weird and unique tasting beer, I’m attacked with so many different notes I’m almost at a lose for words, lots of dipa qualities of alcohol and liquid resin, a weird smokey quality to it, again I don’t get much of the wine, I’m assuming the Chardonnay gives it the smoke character, but I find it distracting... this is something worth trying because its so different, but its not something that I would have again

06-14-2011 22:52:09 | More by jrallen34

3.25/5  rDev -16.9%

02-28-2014 03:09:42 | More by StaveHooks
UCLABrewN84

3.45/5  rDev -11.8%

On tap at The Bruery Provisions in Orange, CA.

Pours a slightly hazy orange with a foamy 1 inch orange-white head that lasts. Thick streaks of lace form on the glass on the drink down. Smell is of citrus and berry aromas. Taste is slightly sour with citrus and berry flavors along with some citrus zest. This beer has a lower level of carbonation with a slightly crisp mouthfeel. Overall, this is a pretty good beer but it doesn't really seem like an IPA to me.

01-22-2012 21:30:39 | More by UCLABrewN84

Envelopes

10-26-2012 14:31:07 | More by Envelopes
womencantsail

On-tap at Bruery Provisions

Pours an amber color with a thick off-white head. The hop profile is very citric. The wine barrel comes through and there is a little bit of melon and vanilla to it. Slight pine and maybe even booze. The flavor is very grassy, but also quite bland. There isn't a ton of hop flavor. Maybe some melon and sweet citrus notes in there as well. Medium body with low to medium carbonation.

01-25-2012 06:41:04 | More by womencantsail
brewcrew76

Wisconsin

3.53/5  rDev -9.7%

A - Dark hazy amber with a big tan head leaving a few patches of lace behind.

S - Sweet malts, caramel and a light citrus hop.

T - Sweet malt, caramel and some citrus hops. Maybe a little extra fruitiness from the Chardonnay but it wasn't obvious.

M - Medium body and well carbonated.

D - I have been really enjoying wine aged type beers lately but was somewhat disappointed with this one. Too malty and maybe a touch oxidized even though it just arrived this week at the store.

07-23-2012 00:47:29 | More by brewcrew76
SFLpunk

Vermont

3.53/5  rDev -9.7%

11.2oz brown glass pry-top bottle brewed at De Molen. "Best Before 2015."

Pours a deep, clear amber with 2 inches of thick, foamy light tan head. The bubbles are huge, but it has killer retention, never quite going away.

Woah, too cold. Needs to warm up a bit and loose some carbonation. (It feels like champagne yeast...explosive!)

Ok, now 15 mins in the glass. Nose is opening up with some caramel, tropical fruits and toasted oak.

Palate is crisp and closed up still. There's tons of hop bitterness up front, which fades out to what I could call a chardonnay-like buttery-ness, but that might be reaching a bit. Finish is short and somewhat lacking.

Notes: I was really hoping to like this beer more. I traded for it and the guy drove it up from NYC to VT. The description sounds AMAZING...the beer is decent. Maybe it needs time in the bottle? Maybe I need another one to lay down. (Beermail me!)

07-06-2011 02:48:19 | More by SFLpunk
ColForbinBC

3.58/5  rDev -8.4%

On-tap, served in a pint glass

A hazy amber body with a firm, bubbly cap that sits at two fingers and falls slowly to a thin collar. Some clingy lace here and there.

Notes of earth, caramel, citrus, white wine, and a touch of oak underneath. Interesting combination of aromas.

Sweet malts up front--caramel and biscuit--before a mild citrus bitterness of grapefruit, lemon, move in. Grapes and oak mix with a mild earthy bitterness in the finish. A touch of resiny, earthy spice lingers.

Medium body, a bit chewy, with a dry finish.

A balanced DIPA with an added layer of complexity from the white wine addition. This beer didn't wow me, but it was fairly tasty.

12-21-2012 15:20:57 | More by ColForbinBC
biboergosum

3.68/5  rDev -5.9%

330ml bottle, something about 'owning the dance floor' on the label blurb. I thought we got past that shit long ago when we moved away from beer tub girls and Stella Artois.

This beer pours, and I use that term loosely - it generates a crazy amount of tumultuous, airy, puffy, rising beige head, on the order of 20:1 foam/liquid - a hazy dark apricot hue, and settles way too slowly, eventually leaving some chunky swaths of lace around the glass.

In the meantime, it smells of grapefruit cocktail, bready caramel malt, a bit of dessert wine sweetness, and a slight acrid woodiness. The taste is bitter pine needle and citrus rind, a slight tart white wine fruitiness, and some subtle second-hand barrel-aged woodiness. Pretty decent no-show by the booze, I gotta say.

The bubbles, well the bubbles are a pain in the ass up front, and once they deign to settle, it's only temporary, but you get a frothy, faintly fizzy mouthfeel, which fights at middleweight, and is somehow, more or less smooth. It finishes with an uptick in the hop oil bitterness, though the caramel malt and woody notes hold steady.

An interesting, and tasty enough big ABV DIPA, the barrel characteristics coming through in their predictably low-key manner. Too bad about the beginning to end carbonation debacle - there's no indication of any bottle refermentation on the label, but it sure seems like it plays out that way.

07-28-2012 00:13:19 | More by biboergosum