Evil Twin Molotov Cocktail - Evil Twin Brewing

Evil Twin Molotov CocktailEvil Twin Molotov Cocktail

Evil Twin Brewing visit their website
Denmark

Did you like Before, During, & After Christmas? Maybe you thought it poured brilliantly, and you loved of the arrogant amounts of hops wowed you. This beer will knock your tongue off, essentially due to the obscene amount of hops that went down this explosive fella. It’s a tour de force in hoppiness and by far the craziest beer made by Evil Twin… but not the last.

Brewed at Fanø Bryghus.

(Beer added by: bark on 08-29-2011)

4.98/5  rDev +26.4%

Great beer! Would get it again.

4.96/5  rDev +25.9%

OH...MY...GOD.

That pretty much described how I feel about this beer. I mean really, fancy schmancy reviews be damned. This beer is amazing.

From the moment I saw this beer on the shelf I knew I had to have it. I waited for a little while but couldn't shake the desire for it. I wasn't disappointed at all and will be looking for more Evil Twin brews in the future.

4.94/5  rDev +25.4%

I loved this beer from the pop of the cap. It pours with a nice ruby color and full head that lasted well and left a nice glass lacing. First Aromas were heavily floral with a nice alcohol note. Taste: front end of bread grains and and pine followed by a nice ballanced alcohol warming and smooth finish of pine and nuts with just the right touch of bitterness. For a 13% alcohol beer, it drinks smooth, balanced and we'll mannered but leave you wanting another sip.

4.9/5  rDev +24.4%

Good good damn good. I love the taste, strong but the alchohol is well hidden.

Drank it from a bottle dated 10/15/2013 and it has become one of the few beers I just want to sip slowly.
Reviews by format are not for me. I do not write fancy reviews. I either like it, tolerate it, hate it, love it, treasure it. This is one of my personal elite treasures.

Evil Twin brews great beer. This may be their best.

Up there with my favs, Duvel, Dogfish Burton Barton, Allagash Trippel and the Stone IPa's.

Make these beers more affordable and I would never have to try anything else again.

10-10-2013 04:54:37 | More by jep2606

4.9/5  rDev +24.4%

Aroma: Deep and malty, with plenty of brown sugar and decadent sweetness, very light pine and resin
Appearance: An amber maroon hue that is quite beautiful to behold!
Taste: Heavily sweet, lightly bitter, with a medium sourness that holds on for a brilliantly long finish
Palate: Medium body with a thin, slick texture, average carbonation and an abrupt finish
Overall: A triple IPA should be "different". This is. With an approximate 13% ABV this is a potent, malty, sweet beer with slight hints of hops and abundant malts. Hand your buddy the keys and have three, or five! Serving type: on-tap ”

4.85/5  rDev +23.1%

I'm astonished at the middling score of this brew here on BA. Perhaps my incredulity comes from drinking a cellar-aged bottle of Molotov Cocktail (about 18 months of aging). But this has got to be one of the ten best beers I've had in years.

Oh, man, the aroma is nice and fruity/florally.

Then flavor in the mouth. Holy cow. It's grapefruit gumball -- as if there were such a thing. And That's why I'm scoring this so highly. It's a one of a kind beer, for certain.

Mouthfeel is crazily syrupy, yet leavened by significant fizz.

It's just elite-quality beer. It's better than the bulk of top IIPA's, such as 90 Minute, Dreadnaught, Hop Stoopid, and Lagunitas Sucks.

4.85/5  rDev +23.1%

Bronze toward orange, cloudy, fine foam, but particularly beautiful.

Smells initially sweet, clear floral and piney hop aromas, heavy-duty lightly toasted malt also dominates. It's a feast in the nose.

Continuing the aroma profile, toffee sweetness, full malt assault of biscuit and bread, finishes as hoppy bitter in the finish as full in the beginning. Fills the mouth pleasingly.

Overall one of my favorite beers. A must if you seek flavor in your beer.

4.83/5  rDev +22.6%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

Grabbed this on tap while I could....heard from a friend it goes quickly.

A - looks like an ipa should

S - sweet, hoppy, piney

T - I usually don't love sweet IPAs but wow, this thing is something special. It has a special sweet malty flavor that allows an extreme hop to come through...unreal.

M - prickly, lots of carbonation

O - grab this beer if you see it. I had it on tap for a decent price...heard it's expensive in bottles but I'd grab 10 cases if I could.

4.8/5  rDev +21.8%