Evil Twin Yin & Yang - Evil Twin Brewing

Beer added by: Thehuntmaster on 07-19-2012

Reviews by Dope:

4.21/5  rDev +5%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Pours a dark chocolate brown with a half finger beige colored head atop.Aromas of roast,caramel,alcohol dipped dark fruit,a hint of roasted nuts,alot of good stuff going on here.An oily slick feel with flavors that aren't as roasted as I thought,chocolate and caramel notes with dark fruit in the finish,there is some earthy roastedness but it's not in your face.I really like this beer,even better than what I was expecting.

4.75/5  rDev +18.5%

3.84/5  rDev -4.2%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

3.5/5  rDev -12.7%

3.18/5  rDev -20.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3

Its a real shame. This was my first taste of anything from Evil Twin. I had not heard of the brewery, had not heard of the beer, so this was new adventure for me.
Honestly, I did not care that much for this beer. Now, its been almost 18 months since I've tasted this and my beer appeptite has changed so much

I will need to re-taste this to do it its honors

4.5/5  rDev +12.2%

2.8/5  rDev -30.2%

3.25/5  rDev -19%

4.03/5  rDev +0.5%

Served from bottle into a Mikkeller Teku (semi-proper!). Poured a massively dark red brown with a one finger light tan head that subsided to a minimal amount slowly. Maintained phenomenal lacing throughout the glass. The aroma was comprised of sweet malt, dark chocolate, subtle coffee, dark fruit, subtle citrus, subtle citrus hop, alcohol, and earth. The flavor was of sweet malt, roasted malt, dark chocolate, coffee, dark fruit, earth, earth hop, citrus, citrus hop, and alcohol. It had a medium feel on the palate with medium-high carbonation. Overall this was a pretty good brew. I have had a few Black & Tan brews back before I was reviewing beers and I can honestly say that this is one of the better ones I’ve had. If I am honest the stout portion of this brew definitely dominated this one with all the roastiness and alcohol notes. The ‘tan’ portion did make itself known throughout though with a nice kiss of citrus to help balance it out. I could honestly see this one getting you in quite a bit of trouble if you are not careful. Definitely a better representation of the style and definitely better than the make-shift one a few of us in my tasting group made. Worth your time trying if you get the chance.

Evil Twin Yin & Yang from Evil Twin Brewing