Evil Twin Lil' B - Evil Twin Brewing

Evil Twin Lil' BEvil Twin Lil' B

Evil Twin Brewing visit their website
Denmark

American Porter |  11.50% ABV

(Beer added by: avalon07 on 08-08-2012)

oglmcdgl, Jun 30, 2013

Bartos, Jan 16, 2014

Thorpe429, Jul 03, 2013

JKV96, Feb 23, 2014
2.5/5  rDev -40%

maxwelldeux, Jun 05, 2013
2.71/5  rDev -35%

Bottled 8/20/13.

Pours an opaque black with a foamy dark khaki head that settles to a partial film on top of the beer. Tiny dots of lace form around the glass on the drink down. Smell is of dark roasted malt, smoke, cocoa, vanilla, oatmeal raisin cookie dough, and alcohol aromas. Taste is much the same with cocoa, char, soy sauce, and metallic flavors on the finish. There is a medium amount of roast bitterness on the palate with each sip. This beer has a lower level of carbonation with a slightly crisp and medium bodied mouthfeel. Overall, this is a pretty poor beer with a solid set of aromas, but the taste is way too hard to stomach with the metallic and other off flavors.

UCLABrewN84, Jan 19, 2014

mmulebarn, Apr 01, 2014

Apathetiq, Apr 08, 2013

sludgegnome, Jun 07, 2014
2.76/5  rDev -33.8%

On tap at Coffee District. Served in a Duvel tulip.

Appearance - Black body. Nice khaki head. Great surface wisping.

Smell - Boozy dark chocolate. Some sweetness and a hint of a chemical aroma. Almost meaty.

Taste - Rich chocolate. Caramel malt. Boozy. The finish is a little bitter. And then the plasticky flavor kicks in. Really kills what works with this beer.

Mouthfeel - Not too heavy, but boozy. The plastic flavor ruins it though.

Overall - Someone else described it as metallic and meaty. I got plastic. Something is off though.

Alieniloquium, Sep 01, 2013

ThatsThatDude, Jan 05, 2014

letshaveanother, Mar 14, 2014

CraftFan5, Jan 30, 2014

jkap1000, Jun 20, 2014

alaimoa, Nov 08, 2013
3.23/5  rDev -22.5%

A coworker gifted me some bottles of this beer. Her husband had gotten some and didn't like it, so she gave them to me.

The flavor of this beer reminded me of Raisinette candies. It's not a bad thing, but I've never been a fan of chocolate covered raisins. But in beer form, it was alright - not quite my preference in beer flavors as it was a bit too sweet and heavy tasting for my liking. But it wasn't too bad to sip on.

Because of the higher alcohol content, and having already drunk another beer earlier, I was only able to finish half of the bottle. I still have a bottle left, but I may have to separate it into 2 servings to share.

iheartmyTHO, Jan 04, 2014
3.24/5  rDev -22.3%

Eye: Pours jet black, pretty much no head whatsoever. It could look better.

Nose: Overall weak aroma. Im getting some chocolate, but even that is weak.

Tongue: Chocolatey upfront with some burnt and hints of roast in the back. Tastes like a porter. Bitterness from roasted malts. Alcohol is detectable and plays a role in the flavor. Maybe some hints of prunes in there, other dark fruits. Body feels light due to higher carbonation that I would expect. Just a bit too much alcohol, more body and flavor and I'd be happier with it. Just really not impressed. Sure I drank the other three bottles no problem and enjoyed it, but for me its just not worth the money.

Drinkability: I mean this is a nice porter or Imperial porter I should say, however, as far as flavor goes, I'd much rather go for Founder's Porter. Such a better beer. The price point on this one two isn't justified by the flavor. Its good, but not that good. Somewhere around $13 a 4-pack, I'd rather go for Founder's at $10 a 6er. This is a good beer, don't get me wrong but I feel I'm left wanting more. Glad I've tried it, but I would rather drink something else, and come back to something else.

becktone, Aug 01, 2013

Beestin, Apr 20, 2014

masterofsparks, Apr 04, 2014

jbriggs7, Jul 18, 2014

chippo33, Dec 26, 2013

BillHilly, Oct 13, 2013

leeswagerty, Jun 05, 2014
3.31/5  rDev -20.6%

On tap at the Tap and Mallet in Rochester, NY.

Apparently this is the base for Imperial Biscotti Break. They must really tinker with the base to get the deliciousness of IBB, because Lil' B is just not that good, at least for my tastes.

Pours a dark black, with a half inch mocha-colored head, and a little bit of lacing.

Smells ashy and smokey, with some chocolate and roasted malt.

The ashiness of this beer is just hard to get by. I didn't really expect it, and I don't like it. There's some chocolate, coffee, and roasted malt poking through, but the ash and smoke overwhelms. Just not really a pleasant beer, unfortunately.

Medium bodied, creamy smooth mouthfeel, a bit of a slow sipper due to the off-flavors.

Not my thing at all, one of the few dark beers Evil Twin has let me down on.

GreesyFizeek, Dec 04, 2013
3.31/5  rDev -20.6%

Bottle opened on 10.5.13

A - Pours a very dark brown with a dark brown head that fades fairly quickly.

S - Roasted malt, smokey, chocolate.

T - Smokey and burnt malts.

D - Decent carbonation with a heavy body.

O - Very burnt and bitter. I am not a fan.

HuskyinPDX, Oct 23, 2013