Evil Twin Femme Fatale (La Fleur) - Evil Twin Brewing

Evil Twin Femme Fatale (La Fleur)
No picture uploaded.

to view more.
Ratings: 5 | Reviews: 1
4/5  rDev n/a

"***Brewvival Exclusive***

Hops and Brettanomyces often appear in beer together, but Evil Twin's Femme Fatale is an exercise in making the pair sing two-part harmony. An abundance of Citra hops co-mingle with the funk in this 100% Brett-fermented IPA, to rousing success. Femme Fatale (La Fleur) is a special edition of the beer, brewed with the addition of dried flowers. We expect this to enhance the hops' bouquet of floral aroma to the nth degree."

Had this one at Brewvival 2013! Poured by Jeppe himself! Served from tap into a Brewvival sample shaker. Poured golden yellow with a two finger off-white head that subsided to a half finger very slowly. Maintained nice lacing throughout the glass. The aroma was comprised of sweet malt, citrus, citrus hop, fruit, funk, earth, earth hop, and flowers. The flavor was of sweet malt, earth, earth hop, citrus hop, citrus, funk, and elderflowers. It had a light feel on the palate with high carbonation. Overall this was a good brew. I really like the incorporation of the flowers in this one. I have had the base brew quite awhile back and enjoyed it, so I was hoping the flower notes would help to tie some of the Brett into the rest of the brew. It did this wonderfully in my opinion. The flower note left a nice refreshing feel to the palate and made your palate for the next sip. I hope that more brewers give this a shot in the future as I was quite impressed with my first IPA with flowers added. Tick.

to view more.
Evil Twin Femme Fatale (La Fleur) from Evil Twin Brewing
- out of 100 based on 5 ratings.