Microbrew Invitational

Added by twiggamortis420 on 02-03-2010

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 1
Reviews by twiggamortis420:
4.57/5  rDev n/a

I was a bit hesitant to try this with all the other tasty choices on the beer menu and considering I am not a big fan of the Arrogant Bastard, but my server highly recommended this one. I am glad he did! This beer was excellent. 10 oz pour arrives a very clear deep amber color with some creamy tan foam that leaves great sheets of lace and a pretty sheen.

Juicy, citric hops practically jump out of the glass...strong grapefruit and lime peel aromas. Caramel malt backbone is there and it smells fresh and clean. Maybe a bit of hazelnut and sunflower kernel nuttiness.

Delicious blend of hop flavor and bitterness with a solid semi-sweet, toasty malt backbone. No doubt this is a hoppy brew, but it drinks pretty smooth. Juicy Amarillo hops (one of my favorite varietals) lend a heavy grapefruit and pine-resin feel to the beer. Malts are toffee and sweet caramel - almost like a few licks off of a caramel apple. This is what an American Strong Ale should taste like...put this beast in the dictionary! There is a touch of alcohol in the flavor but the ABV is hidden very well. Amazing brew, I thoroughly enjoyed this one, easily the best beer I had at Chama River during my visit.

Prevail Ale from Chama River Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.