Joe Brahma Brown Ale - Flat 12 Bierwerks

Joe Brahma Brown Ale
No picture uploaded.

Flat 12 Bierwerks visit their website
Indiana, United States

American Brown Ale |  ABV ?

(Beer added by: JamesS on 03-22-2011)
3.75/5  rDev -9.2%

headyhopzhead, Sep 07, 2012
4.25/5  rDev +2.9%

baybum, May 22, 2012
4.43/5  rDev +7.3%

I looked forward to this beer anytime I don't have a growler in the fridge. I could drink this every single day. It's the perfect representation of big flavor yet extremely drinkable. It pours a deep brown that glows amber when you hold it to light, with a tanned creamy head that settles after the first few sips, leaving a nice ring to remind you of it's creaminess.

The nose is of coffee and malt with a slight booziness that, in my opinion, works well with this beer. Everytime I smell it I get excited.

This may be my favorite drinking everyday beer. The coffee is just right and there are roasted elements that I get from the coffee more so than the malt. The malt and creaminess are more balancing elements, the focus is certainly on the java. This is a standalone beer to me and one that works any time of the day. I'm drinking for lunch, I had one for dessert last night. I'll probably wind up polishing off the growler this afternoon.

robboyd, Oct 15, 2011
4.05/5  rDev -1.9%

Dark brown color, off-white head. Head disappears after a few minutes, leaving some nice spots.

Great coffee with cream nose. Some fresh roast, milky notes. A caramel edge. Not much else, but very nice.

Darker malt character, some light toffee notes. A nice coffee feel, a bit of sweetness. Nothing overwhelming, just nice and smooth.

Medium body, with a nice creamy feel. Lighter carbonation. Very easy to drink. Great coffee feel, with some nice creamy touches.

Bierguy5, Sep 29, 2011
4.43/5  rDev +7.3%

My first review! Bare with me, please!

Poured from a growler into a tulip.

A: Dark, DARK brown with a tinge of clarity in the light. Not much of a head and it disappears fast.

S: Roasty coffee on the nose, not overwhelming.

T: Coffee and cocoa immediately, with a good lingering taste. Good overall balance that stays.

M: This beer is brewed to be a brown ale/milk stout hybrid. It's the first I've ever had like this so it's hard to compare. It's creamy, but with a healthy amount of carbonation. As far as the mouthfeel goes, I think I would like it to have a bit more stout in it.

O: Like I said, I've never had another like this. That said, I've had brown ales, and I've had milk stouts, and as a hybrid, I like this one a lot. There's a lot of complexity that I haven't really hit on, but it's a smooth and very tasty beer.

CWBlues, Jun 03, 2011
4.1/5  rDev -0.7%

(On tap at Tomlinson Tap Room) Poured a very nice deep brown with some nice head and a bit of nice lacing. Very nice deep scent, with an excellent deep and semi-roasty malt sweetness, along with an interesting (herbal tea?) spiciness. Good flavor, a nice thick brown ale with hints of woodsiness and an interesting herbal spice on the tongue. Goes down well, a decent semi-thick ent draught.

JamesS, Mar 22, 2011