I Am Become Death - 2nd Shift Brewing

Wheatwine |  10.50% ABV

Availability: Fall

Beer added by: t8dd on 01-26-2014

3.94/5  rDev -0.3%

Pours a clear, brown color. 1/3 inch head of an off-white color. Good retention and decent lacing. Smells of sweet malt, wheat, alcohol, slight hops, earthy malt, slight caramel malt, and hint of citrus. Fits the style of a Wheatwine. Mouth feel is sharp and crisp, with an average carbonation level. Tastes of sweet malt, hint of roasted malt, slight wheat, caramel malt, hops, hint of spice, hint of citrus, and alcohol. Overall, decent appearance, aroma, body, and blend.

4.04/5  rDev +2.3%

First on tap at the anniversary party, now from a bottle.
The beer pours a cloudy, dark, syrupy amber with a creamy light tan head that settles over time leaving thick rings of foam. In addition, there is some flocculated sediment that settles quickly. The nose is a bit boozy upfront with berry sweetness followed by some citrusy background noise. I remember this nose being a lot more citrus forward @ the anniversary. The taste presents initial wheat berry and brown sugar sweetness that transitions into a spicy, biting, lingering bitterness. I remember the taste being sharper/brighter, now it's more muddled/sludgy. The beer is medium-full bodied, boozy, sweet > spicy, with a pleasant lingering bitterness more reminiscent of citrus compared to the nose. I'm surprised how much this beer has changed compared to when I first had it a few weeks ago - I'd advocate for consuming now, though I think it would cellar relatively well.

I Am Become Death from 2nd Shift Brewing
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.