Learn more about beer and save over 53% with a 3-year subscription.

Brahma - Companhia Cervejaria Brahma

Companhia Cervejaria Brahma visit their website

American Adjunct Lager |  4.60% ABV

Beer added by: soper2000 on 04-28-2005

firstprev| 51-75 | 76-100 | 101-125  | next → last
3.13/5  rDev +29.9%

Pours a super clear yellow fizz with a short-lived white head, looks like any American mass-market beer.

Smell is clear and strong whiff of diacetyl. Slightly sour smelling and faint herbal hops aroma.

Taste is sweetish with a fairly stout hopping level for the style. Clear flavors of corn and biscuit noticeable butter flavor, again diacetyl.

Mouthfeel is good; carbonation level is a bit high though.

Drinkability is good, but not great. I don't think I would buy this again. The 6 pack cost me $10 and this is not a $10 a sixer beer.

Bizarre looking bottle and a rare brew apparently, so how did it end up at Albertson’s in Lompoc, California? I suspect UFOs were involved.

Bottle says 4.8 % alc/vol. so maybe this has been reformulated.

2.19/5  rDev -9.1%

I'd never seen this brew in Moscow before, so when I stumbled upon it in the town of Serpukhov some 100 kms away, I bought one to bring back. Oddly curved white glass bottle, like the picture, with only a small red neck label. Naturally, since Saturday, I've seen this everywhere in Moscow. What's being pushed here, of course, never saw the light of a Brazilian day, however: it's contract brewed for Sun-Interbrew by the not-so-good folk at Klinskoye, just outside of Moscow. Oh well. Ingredients conform to the purity law. Best before 10/14/05, I opened it on 5/30/05.

Pours a clear pale gold under a 1.5 finger white head with surprisingly good retention, even mustering a few drops of lace. The head is thin in consistency, but just doesn't see to want to go away. The nose is typical macro: corn, rice, perhaps some stale break, but all not particularly pleasant. The mouth is thin and quite prickly. Taste? Not really. Some corn and/or stale rice, no hops, lots of water. Sure, it's clean. Who wants clean. Next!

2.06/5  rDev -14.5%

When I first read about the merger of Interbrew and Ambev, I couldn't wait to have a taste of the Brazilian beers. Interbrew and Ambev made a (test case) agreement to exchange an equal number of bottles Stella-Artois against Brahma. And distribute them on there home market, being Belgium and Brazil. At the moment you can buy the Brahma beer in Leuven and I have been tasting them a few times now. I didn't write a review after my first bottle because I thought I might have had a bad bottle. But after a few bottles, I have to conclude that This beer is not the beer we over here call beer.
It has a very deep yellowish colour. A bit like piss. It has hardly any taste. I tastes like your average Pilsner but with 50% water. And it has no carbonation. Do I have to tell you that it hardly has any head.
I was happy when I had the chance to taste a beer from a country I might never visit in my lifetime. But now that I had the possibility, I'm not really unhappy about it. The beer might be crap, but now I know this because I had the opportunity to taste it my self. I had the same thing when I first tasted Budweiser. A lot of people had already told me that it was crap. But now that I had a go myself, I know it isn't a very good beer.

Ut Vivat, Crescat, Floreat!

firstprev| 51-75 | 76-100 | 101-125  | next → last