I-10 IPA - Intuition Ale Works

I-10 IPAI-10 IPA

Intuition Ale Works visit their website
Florida, United States

The West Coast comes to Jax with this extremely hoppy, true India Pale Ale. Our two-row malted barley and caramel malt come to life with a ?@!#-ton of Northwest hops. We use 4 different hops during the brewing process and during dry hopping. It’s music to your nose.

(Beer added by: nickfl on 01-26-2011)

Jpgatorbait, Jun 01, 2014

zekeman17, Jun 20, 2013

Cazlo, Mar 16, 2013

CASK1, May 10, 2013

SaCkErZ9, Oct 02, 2013

pawpaw, Apr 25, 2012

Notacraftdrinker, May 11, 2014
4.25/5  rDev +11.3%

As I live in Jacksonville, FL this is my go to beer at most eating establishments. It is consistent with lots of smooth hop flavor. Since I prefer beers from the tap this one is almost always available locally.

weaf, Aug 31, 2014

mythaeus, May 02, 2014

Irishmafia, Jun 12, 2014

KVNBGRY, Feb 01, 2013

Bennion3754, Oct 13, 2013
4.2/5  rDev +9.9%

Afroman, Aug 18, 2014
4.18/5  rDev +9.4%

As noted in another review, the fantastic hop aroma in this brew doesn't totally transfer over to the taste. I didn't get as much of a kick as I was hoping for when I tasted it, however the taste was very pleasant and enjoyable. It drinks more like a pale ale, but still with that great hop aroma. I had a blast visiting Intuition and would be happy to make an afternoon out of enjoying their beer anytime I'm in town. They let us sample their dubbel out of the tank on the tour, and I think that will be spectacular. They'd also just acquired 2 Woodford Reserve bourbon barrels and were really pumped about them. Just a fun time to be around this crew.

EROlsizzle, Mar 09, 2011
4.18/5  rDev +9.4%

Pours a deep orange color with hardly any head. There is also very little lacing on the glass. It seems almost thin. The smell makes up for that though. Piney hops dominate the aroma. Tastes are more fruity - citrus and apricot. All in all I like the taste. Thes brew is very drinkable and goes down well. A nice selection for a local Jville brewery.

cbak999, Jan 28, 2011
4.16/5  rDev +8.9%

Beer21, Aug 31, 2014
4.15/5  rDev +8.6%

12 oz can courtesy of fthomasl pours a lightly hazed orange color with a large cap of creamy off-white head. Pretty good retention and great lacing. A good-looker.

Nose is juicy citrus with a tropical flair - lime/papaya, orange/mango. Malt is light but there is some sugar cookie dough back there if you look for it.

There is a lot to like here, lots of hop flavor and plenty of bitterness with a worthwhile grainy malt base. Very juicy, very quaffable IPA - quite impressed. The alcohol is very well hidden and could sneak up on you after a few (which would be easy to do). Im glad I got to try it, but bummed I only had the one can.

twiggamortis420, Aug 23, 2014
4.11/5  rDev +7.6%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

Can from Tipples. Pours deep golden colored with a fluffy white one finger head. Beautiful aromatics with pine, grapefruit citrus, and floral notes and a sweet malt backbone. Really nice. Flavor is sweet pineapple, mango, grapefruit, pine, dry grassiness, and a light honey sweetness from the malts to balance the big bitter on the tongue. Resinous and juicy to start, but with a lightly dry finish and bubbly carbonation. Very crisp on the finish Nd makes you want to come back for more. This is really good. Seems extremely underrated. This is near perfect for a single IPA for me. I am really having trouble finding any flaws in this...well now gets a little oniony as I go but still very solid.

BMMillsy, Apr 20, 2014
4.1/5  rDev +7.3%

Filled my growler today, pouring into a pint glass.

A: Thick, 2 finger, white with a darker tint, very bubbly, frothy, sticks to the rim as it dissipates, head retention up to par, carbonation looks excellent. Filtered, extremely light amber / brown hue.

S: Can you say hops? Potent dank hop aroma off the bat, very dominant. Undertones of some sweet malts.

T: The dank hops have a resiny, grapefruit taste. Turns to a sour green apple feel on the back end of the gulp, as it splashes to the throat. Malt profile is somewhat lacking, caramel sweet notes are there but could use a bigger backbone to balance the hops. Extremely potent hop juice taste lingers after each sip, guessing from a good amount of dry hopping.

M: Hoppy bitter from the start to finish, feels like a bubbly burning sensation. I really like the relatively high level of bitterness (reminds me of Lagunitas' Hop Stoopid), it balances out the light body making for a slower, more enjoyable drinking experience.

O: One of my favorite IPAs in general and love that it is locally produced (only 20 minutes down the road). For the style, it is relatively one sided towards the hop profile but we are talking IPAs so in that aspect A+. Implement a more sturdy malt backbone and I-10 would be recognized nationally.

One2Remeber, Sep 30, 2011