2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

I-10 IPA - Intuition Ale Works

I-10 IPAI-10 IPA

Intuition Ale Works visit their website
Florida, United States

(Beer added by: nickfl on 01-26-2011)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers
« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »
Ratings: 138 | Reviews: 31 | Show All Ratings:
pjkelley82

Got this one thru a trade.... an extra that was more than a sleeper....
Drank it straight from the can so disregard the appearance score... and the smell mostly as I smelt it thru the can...

Smell.... dank hops... piney resin, grapefruit... and fresh... smelt very good..

Taste... instant dank resinous hops hits and stays to the back top of your mouth thru the finish and well into the aftertaste... slight citrus pineapple/grapefruit sweetness in there...

Mouthfeel was well carbonated medium to heavy body with a nice crispness to it..

Overall I was very surprised... this was a very good beer from start to finish.. in my opinion it rivals with the likes of its California brothers... don't have it by me but if I was in a store that had my other favorites too... I'd buy this one once every 4 or 5 times..

08-22-2013 20:06:41 | More by pjkelley82
kell50

3.93/5  rDev +2.6%

Received as a gift from my bother-in-law. Thanks Moe! Felt compelled to write a review.

A - Poured this one into my Cigar City pint glass. About one finger of white foam, resting on top of a slighty hazy, copper-tinted body. As the head fades out it leaves behind thick, chunky lacing.

S - The hops hit you the moment the can is popped. A strong pine hop aroma punch dominates with a touch of tropical/fruity malt. Their goal was to create a "West Coast style" IPA- on smell alone they nailed it!

T - Pine hop flavor up front with a touch of sweet malt, perhaps hint of toffee. The beer finishes with dry biscuity malt and a strong, astringent hoppy bitterness.

M - Medium body with moderate carbonation, and a rich feel.

O - Though not being a big IPA guy, I really like this one. The aroma and taste is excellent. I-10 is very drinkable, but could use just a touch more malt flavor or some sweetness to help its balance.

05-24-2012 15:24:04 | More by kell50
Jekyll

Georgia

3.76/5  rDev -1.8%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Not bad, not bad at all. Solid IPA,very enjoyable, good balance between the hops and the malt back bone. Discovered this one simpy cause the local Publix in North Florida I was at was out of another Florida IPA and had removed their entire lineup from the cold box and replaced it with Intuitions 3 current year round offerings. Business wise I can understand as it is brewed in Jacksonville. A decent average IPA that I am glad the brewery is getting a push from the local Florida Publix's though I am not overwhelmed by this beer yet with time and more revenue I can see Intuition developing into a fine brewery and I look forward to their development.

06-10-2013 00:53:54 | More by Jekyll
EROlsizzle

4.18/5  rDev +9.1%

As noted in another review, the fantastic hop aroma in this brew doesn't totally transfer over to the taste. I didn't get as much of a kick as I was hoping for when I tasted it, however the taste was very pleasant and enjoyable. It drinks more like a pale ale, but still with that great hop aroma. I had a blast visiting Intuition and would be happy to make an afternoon out of enjoying their beer anytime I'm in town. They let us sample their dubbel out of the tank on the tour, and I think that will be spectacular. They'd also just acquired 2 Woodford Reserve bourbon barrels and were really pumped about them. Just a fun time to be around this crew.

03-09-2011 00:50:27 | More by EROlsizzle
mwgroove23

4.48/5  rDev +17%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Drank from a can with a Georgia Theatre coozie intact.
Immediately smell the hoppy freshness right after cracking open the can. Nice pine/citrus hops with a very nice sweet malt backbone. Grapefruit comes through a bit on the end. Very nice beer overall. Gonna let this one warm up to grab more flavors.

05-31-2013 17:43:07 | More by mwgroove23
keithshoe

4.3/5  rDev +12.3%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Very Hoppy beer, with some kick to it.

Served at the brewery located in Jacksonville. It is their best seller there.

They also serve a sampler platter with 5 beers to let you try out the other beers.

Nice little pub feel located in downtown area of Jacksonville. No parking, but
cool little place once you get inside.

07-05-2013 00:29:25 | More by keithshoe