People's Pale Ale - Intuition Ale Works

American Pale Ale (APA) |  5.50% ABV

Beer added by: Fieldzy27 on 01-29-2011

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last
3.96/5  rDev +11.5%

In snifter at Amelia island plantation.

A: golden copper, great lacing, decent small head

S: dominated by citric hops w undertone of sweet dark malts. Smells fresh And clean

T: very nice balance of hops and malts reminiscent of Czech pilsener but significantly bigger. Maltiness is dark, hops have strong american character

M: medium high carbonation w medium body. Citric theme mAkes this one Almost too eAsy to drink

Reviewed on iPhone. (443 characters)

Served in a standard pint at the Green Turtle in Fernandina Beach, the beer is bronze with clingy beige head.

It has an aroma of cascades and caramel malts. Reminds me of a Point cascade and that's not a bad thing.

The taste is in lock step with the smell, piney hops, some caramel malts for balance a bit grainy late. You have seen this before and they execute it in spades.

The mouth is spot on with mid-level carbonation and a bit of mouth coating oiliness.

I know APAs don't excite that many people, but this one is well executed! (539 characters)

4.2/5  rDev +18.3%

On tap at Mellow Mushroom

A-Pours a copper/bronze color with a one finger off white head that has good retention and leaves some lacing.

S-Surprisingly hoppy for a PA. Nice citrus and floral notes are very prominent and are complemented with a noticeable caramel malt back. The nice thing is the hops are clearly at the forefront with the malt playing nicely in the background.

T-Follows the nose with a nice and bitter hop bite-citrus and floral-leading the caramel malt comes in the middle but maintains its role as a supporting player letting the hops shine. Its not incredibly complex, but it is darn good and refreshing. If I hadn't seen the was a PA on the beer menu, I'd be inclined to think it was an IPA. Nicely done! One of the tastier PA I've had. And its a local too with the brewery being 20 min. from my house. I'm not being a homer. To be honest, I wasn't expecting much here, but Intuition delivered on this one. A very nice beer.

M-Crisp, medium body and carbonation, yet its just a touch oily on the finish.

O-A very enjoyable PA that I will certainly be enjoying again. A great summer beer. I wish I could grade in .25 increments. I can't quite give this one a 4.5 overall, but I would give it a 4.25. But, I can't do that, so it'll have to be a 4 overall. (1,280 characters)

4.5/5  rDev +26.8%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

This is an under rated staple from a genuine brewery. Intuition makes legit drink and this deserves to be the flagship. Sure I wouldn't go out of my way, but if it's an option I'm on it. Best enjoy out of a tap but have gained great respect for what the guys in Jacksonville come up with. Haven't tried it, try it. (314 characters)

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last