People's Pale Ale - Intuition Ale Works

American Pale Ale (APA) |  5.50% ABV

Beer added by: Fieldzy27 on 01-29-2011

3.6/5  rDev +2.3%

look: 4 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

Canned 7.11.14. Drank 11.15.14. Poured into a 12oz shaker from a can.

A: Pours a picturesque amber with two fingers of light khaki head on an aggressive pour. Visible carbonation along the bottom of the glass, and large, light bubbles within the slow fading head. Leaves a patchy lacing until receding to a thin cap.

S: Soft grapefruit, strong caramel malt, and a certain musk that I can't quite define. Almost smells like damp hay.

T: Strong caramel malt right from the beginning, followed by a mild spicy hop bitterness. Grainy and earthy. Not at all what I expected from the same people who make I-10 IPA, or from a pale ale in general.

M: Medium body, light carbonation, smooth and slick from the abundance of malt. Leaves with a slight drying hop bitterness.

O: A commendable effort, but I feel it still needs a bit of refinement. It lacks the clarity, balance, and crispness that the APA style standouts exude. Not something I would seek out again, but I wouldn't necessarily turn down either.

4.54/5  rDev +29%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

This is an under rated staple from a genuine brewery. Intuition makes legit drink and this deserves to be the flagship. Sure I wouldn't go out of my way, but if it's an option I'm on it. Best enjoy out of a tap but have gained great respect for what the guys in Jacksonville come up with. Haven't tried it, try it.

2.5/5  rDev -29%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Tried this on tap at one of my favorite restaurants. They were out of what I wanted, so I went with something local. The appearance is pretty weak for a pale ale. It was very clear and only slightly darker than an American macro. The head was mediocre, but did have a nice lace.

The smell resembled no other pale ale I can recall. Smelled like an American macro.

The taste did nothing to change my opinion that this really is an American macro because it tasted like a pilsner I can get anywhere, only slightly more hoppy. Tastes like an American macro.

Felt like an American macro. A bit more bitter, but mostly like an American macro.

Overall, this was pretty bad. It was so bad that my next drink was a glass of water. Ultimately I contend that this isn't really a pale ale, but actually an American macro.

People's Pale Ale from Intuition Ale Works