Triad Tripel - Intuition Ale Works

Florida, United States

Tripel |  ABV ?

Beer added by: nickfl on 01-24-2012

2.16/5  rDev -42.7%

Maybe its me, but I always seem to run against the grain here. I guess it could be a fan-boy thing. All of his beers have the same malt and yeast profiles in these blonde/pale all type beers. Not that they are bad but they are the same.

OK the review.

I had 2 sniffers of this overpriced beer. 5 dollars for 10oz

A - 1/8' head, no lace Nada. of course the glass was served full. I drank some, and then swirled it, very little lace, nothing stuck..
body was flat and cloudy, orange and yellow in color. Temp was 48F.

S - all I could get at that temp was some citrus and bread. I warmed it up as best as I could. Some nut like cereal malt. Not much else, very bland for a tripel. Lacked any yeast nose at all.
I judge Belgium beers to the standard tripel of Westmalle. This is no tripel. others said cloves, well I detected none, neither did anyone else with us. plain bland blonde ale.

T - Just a bland pale ale with some hints of belgain yeast, no real sweetness that expect in a strong beer. its balanced hop wise, its just not a tripel. beady and malty, but again its reminds me of a PALM, sadly the Palm is better. Slightly bitter in taste which if it had the grain bill required of a tripel it would not. I made better from extract kits.

M - Light body, very thin and watery, not dry as expected. maybe its bad batch??? no sugar you expect to give you that mouth pucker.

O: another bland beer, not terrible, but not a tripel. If its 8% abv It sure did not have that kick. Epic fail IMHO.

I love to see the recipe for this beer, This guy needs to learn to brew simple as that, I can do better drunk at home.

4.22/5  rDev +11.9%

Poured into a snifter.

A: crystal white, expessive thin head. Quickly thickens up with a swirl. Body is a dark golden color with an illuminating orange hue. Not transparent.

S: beautiful combo of sugary sweet and mildly spicy. A strong Belgian yeast presence that sides more on the fruit notes rather than spice.

T: rich in flavor. Mellow and creamy, fruity tones. light spices allow for easy enjoyment while being true to style.

M: full bodied. Not as dry as most tripels. Spicy notes tingle on the back end.

O: reminds me of a Belgian pale ale, weyerbachers verboten, as far as flavor. One of the most sessionable tripels I've encountered.

4.42/5  rDev +17.2%

Single finger head with minimal lacing in a hazy golden with crimson hues body

S: fruity, mostly lemon and mango, with clove and musty yeast.

T: earthy and bitter throughout. Breads and clove with the fruit more in the background than dominating.

M: medium body and moderate carbonation.

A nice example of a trippel, one of the better beers as far as competing against others in the genre that is offered by this brewery.

4.22/5  rDev +11.9%

A - Poured with one finger of white foam on top of a hazy, golden body. The head settles fairly slowly and leaves nice lace.

S - Fruity notes of pear and pineapple with some clove and anise.

T - Clove and bready malt up front. Some fruity character comes out in the middle. Finishes with clove, anise, pear, and soft malt.

M - Medium thick body, moderate carbonation, and a dry finish.

D - Nicely done, classic in style with an emphasis on the yeast. One of the better American made triples I've had.

Triad Tripel from Intuition Ale Works
- out of 100 based on 4 ratings.