Microbrew Invitational

TICKETS: beeradvocate.com/micro/

King Karma Ale | Catawba Brewing Co.

YOUR RATING = None |

Added by BeerAdvocate on 06-29-2004

Reviews: 3 | Ratings: 3
Reviews by homersimpson:
3.88/5  rDev +11.8%

Hazy gold with a white lace around the top.
Has a soft, sweet smell to it.
Light bodied with a smooth carbonation.
Taste is a semisweet herbal tone over a light wheat note. Finish is rather quick.
More a herbal Witbier taste than a big wheat. Very light and easy to down.

3.87/5  rDev +11.5%

The beer arrived on the bar a hazy pale yellow with a low yet persistent white head.

The aroma was fruity with hints of citrus.

The flavor was fruity and became dry and citrusy, but not hoppy. At the end of the flavor was a decent bittering.

The finish was dry and crisp and the body medium.

Pint at The Bier Garden in Asheville, NC.

2.65/5  rDev -23.6%

I had this while on vacation during my 'Reading Week' or what some would consider Spring break...I had this on my way to Disney World...I would say its alright...the alcohol...well, let's say, how could you even tell there was any?

It was a pale golden colouration, with minimal lacing around the rim, mostly around the rim, some to the edge of the glass. Definitely too sweet for my scent, almost pure honey-ish in scent.

Though, again, it was very light, even with what I would consider a 'perfect' carbonation, seems like a forced carbonation ( I can pretty much guarantee a forced carbonation method). But with the taste, I would like you to refer to the overall aroma.

I prefer a higher alcohol beer, I'm not completely sure whether this is even within the range of 5%ABV...more like 3-3.5% at MOST! But those who prefer a lower ABV beverage, here's your brew. Again the drinkability, I prefer higher alcohol, this is very easy to drink with the LOW content.

King Karma Ale from Catawba Brewing Co.
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.