Marionberry Berliner Weisse - Burnside Brewing Co.

Marionberry Berliner Weisse
No picture.

Awaiting 10 Reviews

Burnside Brewing Co. visit their website
Oregon, United States

Berliner Weissbier |  ABV ?

Beer added by: flagmantho on 07-29-2013

Reviews by flagmantho:
3.33/5  rDev -3.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.25

I had this beer on-tap in my OBF pint glass at Oregon Brewers Festival.

Appearance: light salmon pink with a large amount of haze; too hazy to see the effervescence. Half a finger of bright, brilliantly white foam -- nice.

Smell: aroma is, uh, aromatic! It's kind of funky in a not necessarily good way; the earthy berries interacting with the tartness. Kind of a sweaty character I don't love. It's not bad, per se, just a little too wild for me I guess.

Taste: the flavor is better than the aroma, thankfully, but is still a little weird. A little bit berry-like, moderately tart, and very earthy. It is still a little manky, though; it doesn't work super well. It does have novelty, which is where it is getting most of its points from me, but overall I don't think the recipe quite works.

Mouthfeel: light body with a pretty strong carbonation; creamy but loosely so because of the light body. Light, but refreshing.

Overall: a decent experimental beer, but it doesn't really speak to me. It's just a little too manky.

4.25/5  rDev +23.5%

3.5/5  rDev +1.7%

Marionberry Berliner Weisse from Burnside Brewing Co.
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.