Idiot IPA - Coronado Brewing Company

Idiot IPAIdiot IPA

Coronado Brewing Company visit their website

(Beer added by: scottoale on 05-09-2007)
4.25/5  rDev +9.3%

Ver solid IPA from a brewery that is horribly unrepresented in the state of north carolina... What are you doing CORONADO no one knows about you here.

buymorebeer, Aug 19, 2014
4.4/5  rDev +13.1%

QuadriderMX, Yesterday at 03:25 AM

Akravatz, Wednesday at 09:41 PM
3.45/5  rDev -11.3%

Phigg1102, Wednesday at 08:28 AM

blipetzky, Wednesday at 04:40 AM
4.25/5  rDev +9.3%

Having an Idiot IPA at my favorite watering hole. One of the reasons it's my favorite is he rotates his taps frequently so I can get beers I've never had before, like this one. The only problem is that it was not sold to me as a Double or Imperial, so I'm on my second one and suddenly feeling the alcohol affects more than I'd like. I like this beer a lot. It has a great balance between the hops and malt. As far as hops go, I personally prefer the "pine" side of the scale as opposed to the "grapefruit" side, and Idiot IPA suits my tastes fantastically. As I said, I did not hesitate to order a 2nd beer. Somewhat creamy and full bodied, but the taste does not linger as long as you'd expect. The color is a bit lighter as well. Looking at the other reviews I'm glad I had the opportunity to get this on tap as opposed to being bottled.

PastorBrewMaster, Tuesday at 07:11 PM

mrHWD, Saturday at 03:59 PM
3.6/5  rDev -7.5%

tappangordo, Nov 21, 2014
3.78/5  rDev -2.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Bright amber golden color with a thick head with good retention and leaving laces.
Sweet malty aroma with notes of honey, peaches, tangerines and pine. I was expecting something stronger.
Though flavor is much bolder than nose. Its hops made me sneeze immediately, so worth it the 90 IBUs. Notes of pine cones, honey, toasted malts, American yeast and spices. Hints of grapefruit and tea leaves. All four C's didn't reveal their faces entirely. Dry aftertaste with an endless bitter bite.
Medium to full body with mild carbonation. Somewhat creamy. Alcohol of 8.5% is behind the curtains.
Good DIPA with its own mark, but more assertive and bitter than complex.

FLima, Nov 21, 2014

GuitarIPA, Nov 09, 2014
3.75/5  rDev -3.6%

larryarms847, Nov 08, 2014
3.75/5  rDev -3.6%

Bomber (22oz) poured into a clean Spieglau IPA glass. Looks nice and clear in the glass, gold in color, with a couple fingers of nice foamy head that dissipates to about a half finger and lingers. Fair lacing.

There's a little fruit and some booze in the nose, hops accent these scents a bit. Nothing overwhelming here, but definitely has that 'Mmmmm.... IPA." smell.

My tongue doesn't pick up much fruit, just hop bitterness and a little sweetness. Not at all unpleasant, mind you. It's been a long day, maybe my mouth isn't up to the finer details of this brew. I find myself craving the next sip.

Medium body with normal carbonation, as you might expect with most beers of this style. Pleasantly drinkable but with enough weight to satisfy the feeling of drinking a nice brew.

This beer was made nearly 2500 miles away, so it's a little difficult to get this extra fresh. Overall, it's a nice beer that I wouldn't mind having again. I'd very much like to have a glass of it out in San Diego along with some of their other offerings. Perhaps another time.

One1Asterisk, Nov 08, 2014