Idiot IPA - Coronado Brewing Company

3.84/5  rDev -1.3%

4.4/5  rDev +13.1%

3.45/5  rDev -11.3%

4.25/5  rDev +9.3%

Having an Idiot IPA at my favorite watering hole. One of the reasons it's my favorite is he rotates his taps frequently so I can get beers I've never had before, like this one. The only problem is that it was not sold to me as a Double or Imperial, so I'm on my second one and suddenly feeling the alcohol affects more than I'd like. I like this beer a lot. It has a great balance between the hops and malt. As far as hops go, I personally prefer the "pine" side of the scale as opposed to the "grapefruit" side, and Idiot IPA suits my tastes fantastically. As I said, I did not hesitate to order a 2nd beer. Somewhat creamy and full bodied, but the taste does not linger as long as you'd expect. The color is a bit lighter as well. Looking at the other reviews I'm glad I had the opportunity to get this on tap as opposed to being bottled.

4.2/5  rDev +8%

3.32/5  rDev -14.7%

3.6/5  rDev -7.5%

3.78/5  rDev -2.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Bright amber golden color with a thick head with good retention and leaving laces.
Sweet malty aroma with notes of honey, peaches, tangerines and pine. I was expecting something stronger.
Though flavor is much bolder than nose. Its hops made me sneeze immediately, so worth it the 90 IBUs. Notes of pine cones, honey, toasted malts, American yeast and spices. Hints of grapefruit and tea leaves. All four C's didn't reveal their faces entirely. Dry aftertaste with an endless bitter bite.
Medium to full body with mild carbonation. Somewhat creamy. Alcohol of 8.5% is behind the curtains.
Good DIPA with its own mark, but more assertive and bitter than complex.

4.04/5  rDev +3.9%

4.5/5  rDev +15.7%

4.04/5  rDev +3.9%

3.4/5  rDev -12.6%

3.75/5  rDev -3.6%

Golden orange in color with a frothy two finger head of foam, very nice color.

Floral, pine, citrus, earthy, and resinous.

The flavor doesn't stand up quite as much as the aroma of this brew, but still tempting. Caramel malt backbone, citrus, pine, and of course hop resins.

Light-medium bodied, medium-heavy carbonation, bitter, a little earthy but still enough sweet.

Overall, nothing to write home about, but worth a go.

Idiot IPA from Coronado Brewing Company